Saniflo question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an adjacent utility room and bathroom on the basement floor of my house. I am hoping to pump the sink/washing machine waste AND the toilet/shower waste upstairs using one Sanisplit macerator.

The unit will handle waste water from both sources.

My question is, can I mix waste in this way or do I have to have two separate units?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The sani site has all the diagrams and info u need. that's where i got my info and mine is working fine (so far!)

Thanks for quick replies.

What the question boils down to is can you mix kitchen/utility (washing machine) waste and toilet waste in the same macerator?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
as i said, look on the sani site. it tells you that, and a lot more, there.

Thanks again.

At risk of my being boring, Saniflo no longer recommend that you discharge washing machine or kitchen waste into any unit other than a Sanivite. This is odd, because a few months ago their website said a Sanibest was suitable. This means I would have to have another macerator for the bathroom (£££).

A Sanisplit will accept "discharges of the sanitary fittings located in the bathroom (EN 12050-3) OR the kitchen (EN 12050-2)" but if a "wc is connected, only one washbasin and/or one bidet and/or one shower may also be connected". (Sanisplit installation manual.)

So this is either because of some European (and also therefore) British Standard, or for some other reason like you can't mix c**p and kitchen stuff (hot soap and grease, maybe?)

Plumbers, should I just go ahead and do it anyway? Building Control guy not up to speed on this and Thames Water no help.

:confused:

Do what you want - its doomed to be a pain in the butt for many years anyway :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back