Saniflo Leak or normal flow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We inherited a saniflo over a decade ago when buying our house and despite the bad rep it has been pretty good with just the occasional bit of maintenance. I hadn't given the thought of the journey of the waste much thought in all this time. However recently there is more noise of water flowing downwards from the boxed-in area of our house that runs from a bedroom into the kitchen where the soil stack resides.

I know on a saniflo the waste water rises, makes it way across our loft area into the soil stack it just seems weird that we can now hear the flow of water much more when the saniflo is in operation whether that be the shower or the connected toilet. There is no signs whatsoever of water ingress in the house which I would have thought would have been very clear if there was a leak. We have had drilling work elsewhere in the house a month or so ago, is it simply a possibility that the pipe has moved a little or maybe has become detached from a bracket.

I am a worrier by nature but even I guess that no obvious water leak marks means I am worrying unnecessarily??

Sponsored Links
If you are hearing. more noise from the soil stack it can't be anything to do with the Saniflo it has done it's job once it gets to the soil pipe, probably just that there is a higher volume of water going down it when flushed than say a wash basin or shower. May be just the the weather has cooled and is affecting your pipes or boxing.

Buy a cheap boroscope and stick it into the boxing via a small hole if you really want to reassure yourself.

They're useful for lots of things and don't cost a lot.

Sponsored Links
That is an awesome idea. Thanks

I bought this one and it's been very useful for my Plumbing business.

There are cheaper ones.

Wireless Endoscope,DEPSTECH Upgrade 5.0MP HD WiFi Borescope, 16 inch Focal Distance, Semi-Rigid Snake Inspection Camera with 2200 mAh Battery for iOS & Android Smart Phone & Tablets-16.5Ft https://amzn.eu/d/1w0vh34

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back