saniflo waste outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi we are considering moving to a new area ,the house we have seen has a saniflo toilet downstairs , we cant see were the waste outlet go,s .question does the waste outlet have to go the the main soil stack or can they go to a drain ,the toilet /wash baisin etc look fairly new but the owner is not quite sure were the pipes go we have had a look around and cant see any pipes ,
thanks
stuart

Sponsored Links
Yes he'll know alright I get this a bit people have em put in and half aren't done properly and the owners know this but always plead ignorance when selling the house. Get a surveyor to have a good look.You need to be careful.

Sponsored Links
He knows, but there is a reason he doesn't want to tell you.

He may not.

A family moved into a new house and while digging in the garden cut through a black pipe, nothing came out so it was left with the ends poking up. A bit later the neighbour bangs on front door ...."" Why are you squirting ****te into my garden."". The cut pipe was the delivery pipe from a pumped sewage system which the previous owner denied ever knowing about.

I know ( from owning one ) that good quality domestic pumped sewage installations are reliable enough to be almost fit and forget but even I find it hard to believe one could live in a house and be unaware there was a pumped sewage system there.

I know ( from owning one ) that good quality domestic pumped sewage installations are reliable enough to be almost fit and forget but even I find it hard to believe one could live in a house and be unaware there was a pumped sewage system there.

There is a vast difference between a pumped package plant taking the whole house, and a Saniflo. A package plant will handle a lot of items the Saniflo wouldn't even look at, although long term I'd be careful of what I expected a package plant to deal with. Saniflo's are certainly not fit and forget! A single item the unit cant handle and you've wrecked not only the unit, but the day of whoever needs to come and strip it down to sort it out. :cry:

OP, if you are serious about the house, have a look at where the foul drainage runs. Would it be possible to connect this toilet to the main drainage? There are not many Saniflo fans on here, simply because they are not a very nice bit of kit to have to work on. The golden rule is nothing to go through the Saniflo that hasn't been through you first, but it only takes one person to flush something they shouldn't and invariably the unit jams, and then fails to operate. You then have a WC, Saniflo and pipework full...... It's all got to come back out again. :sick:

Depending on which model the outlet pipe will be either 21.5mm or 32mm, if as you say it is not visible then it is either down and under the floor to the drains (Is there a manhole cover outside?) or up above the ceiling to the stack. As I might be the only macerator engineer on here I can understand some of the comments and personal views posted and I would always advise to go mains if you can however some comments are outdated.

Yes packaged pump stations are great I have fitted flygt units many times brill but just pumps you deserve a medal if you work on em all the time I take my hat off to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back