Saniflow toilets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've finally started to move on getting prices for the loft conversion. The plumber came out today and had a look at the plans, at present the plans show the soil pipe going via the eaves in the roof however he's concerned that there isn't enough slope to carry things to the main pipe running up the opposite side of the house. He's suggested a saniflow toilet.

I wondered, if these are so much easier to have why people bother with a 'normal' toilet and if there's something we're missing? So, thought I'd post to see what the advantages/disadvantages of saniflow toilets are.

Did a wee google, but to be honest I'm not an expert! As far as I can see, it's got an ugly tank thing at the base of it....which is enough to put me off, although it looks like that part can be concealed behind the wall. I'm concerned that doing that won't match what's on the plans and means we wouldn't get certificate once it's been done, I'll give the planning department a phone on that!

Also, is it not the case that if we sell our house, people are less keen on 'saniflow' toilets that normal ones....and it may not add value?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
The fall should be 1 inch in 40 inches if I recall correctly. It does not look much.

The main problem with a Saniflow is the noise for about 6 seconds when the wc is flushed.

If the loft will only be used occasionally then its probably ok but if its for 365 day occupation then try to get a soil pipe installed.

It could be that the floor of the toilet room could be raised a few inches if thats essential.

Tony Glazier

Thanks guys, I knew there had to be a reason these things weren't great. Will speak to the plumber again....I think he was trying for the cheaper/easier option and avoiding a pipe on the outside of the house.....think I can live with that!

Sponsored Links
To be quite honest as my experience as a plumber I would only install a Saniflo if absolutely necessary. Take into consideration the location and if it’s lightly to be used at nighttimes as they can make quite a bit of noise.
Repairs can also be on the expensive side as it’s a job not many plumbers wish to do.
Should you wish to buy one you can do so here http://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/saniflo.html

they only make a noise if they are flushed :idea: .NO Night Soil. :!: To the Original Poster- why would a plumber want to go for an easy option :?: :LOL: . If Building Control are OK with it , then a fall of down to 1:80 will work , on a plastic soil pipe.

Didn't Bella notice that they were replying to a posting from 2005 ???

I hope they are more speedy with the delivery of their bathrooms.

Or was it just an opportunity to promote their products?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back