Sanitary sealant for windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just noticed that in my bathroom I have pvc windows attached to a wooden frame, which condenses a lot and there is water that collects on the frame and some mould has appeared where the window meets the frame.

I've cleaned out the mould with a fungicide, but was wondering what sealant should I use to seal the pvc window to the frame?

Can I use sanitary sealant (Dow corning 785) or do i need weathproof glazing sealant (Dow Corning 791) or upvc glazing sealant (Dow corning 796)

Sponsored Links
Would agree with handyman, this product sticks its neck out to say it is mildew resistant and it is better than a lot of the others. I switched to this one about a year ago as several clients wanted me to clean up round the shower trays, so far so good.

For some reason, the wood surround windows do seem to mould at the edges more which I have always put down to the wood and pvc having a different absorbency rate, ie the wood stays wetter longer.
Just my own theory :)

Sponsored Links
If the frame is painted, I would use a thin bead of caulk and paint over it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back