Sat-Nav - which one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like sat-nav, but have no idea what to go for. Do I get a PDA/mobile or a stand-alone sat-nav kit?

And which one?

There is a mind boggling array of stuff out there from 200 sovs upwards.

Do I go for Sat-Nav with the facility to link with a mobile, or a mobile with Sat-Nav?

Or what????

Please help!

I'm not at all what you would call a technophobe, but this vast choice has sent my brain reeling!

Sponsored Links
i use my HP PDA with a bluetooth nokia GPS receiver. use it this way since it was cheaper gettin a receiver than a stand-alone-kit (since i already had the PDA). its easier using an all-in-one, in that you only have 1 unit to control.

good thing about the PDA type is you can easily put it in your pocket when you leave car/van. some of the all-in-one units are fairly large

I've used a Tom Tom Go for about 1 year now and think it is great. I've got a PDA with sat nav, and also a mobile phone with sat nav, but in all honesty I find the Tom Tom much more convenient and reliable - no need to worry about other aerials, cradles, etc.

:p

I would take Gary_M's advice and go for the TomTom.
They retail at about £299 for the basic 300, which is still a great piece of kit.
I bought one for a friend from currys on line which had about £40 off, then I searched for promotional codes for currys, found one for a 5% macdonalds discount and ended up getting it for £237...... bargain.

Sponsored Links
I've got a Tomtom One, my dad has a Tomtom 300. They're basically the same but the One has a faster processor and is therefore faster to navigate through the menus. Mine also has a smaller body but the same size screen as the 300.
If I was buying another now, I'd get the same again - Tomtom One all the way. You can get em for £249

I want a sat nav :cry: Hubby has a nav-man which is good but it spends it's life sitting on the hall table and I'm not allowed to use or touch it :cry:

Brightness said:
£500 smackeroonies for a sat nav????? Jeez I could buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes and a wardrobe to put them in for that :eek:
I wish my wife could!

Brightness said:
I want a sat nav :cry: Hubby has a nav-man which is good but it spends it's life sitting on the hall table and I'm not allowed to use or touch it :cry:

Quite right too.

hermes said:
Brightness said:
£500 smackeroonies for a sat nav????? Jeez I could buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes and a wardrobe to put them in for that :eek:
I wish my wife could!

I don't care ablout labels I just buy stuff if I like it and think it looks good! One of my fave tops that always gets compliments was £5 in the sale from Tesco!

dg123 said:
Brightness said:

Quite right too.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I wonder why i was expecting a comment like that from a bloke :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Brightness said:
hermes said:
Brightness said:
I wish my wife could!

I don't care ablout labels I just buy stuff if I like it and think it looks good! One of my fave tops that always gets compliments was £5 in the sale from Tesco!

dg123 said:
Brightness said:

Quite right too.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I wonder why i was expecting a comment like that from a bloke :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Happy to oblige!

Sponsored Links
Back