satellite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
not sure if this belonged here or in electrics uk.

I have spotted this at Maplin, a fortec star HD satellite reciever, with external recording facility. (A50HX)

In the PDF, page 16

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Media/PDFs/Passion+.pdf

The back panel has an LNB loop through, to connect a second box to the same LNB. Does this work? Can I watch another channel through the same satellite cable? I always thought one cable from the LNB could only transmit one channel, due to the LNB tuning in, hence Sky+ and satellite PVRs need 2 cables.

Its important because The HD box (if i buy it) will be going next to an existing subscription box in my bedroom. (The subscription box will still be used when I want to watch Sky channels, and it also feeds the kitchen TV via skylink downstairs). I could throw another cable out to the dish but i wouldnt know where to begin wiring into the LNB (its a quad with 1 spare)

Sponsored Links
What I suspect will happen is when the fortec box turns on it will set the LNB up into the mode it wants and if the other receiver wants a different mode then tough luck.

If you want to use both boxes at once you will need a seperate feed from the dish afaict.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back