Saturated fat

You gotta look at the history of this - he cut me up while I was queuing to turn right and, slamming on my brake to avoid going into the back of him, I spilt my packet of bombay mix. There's still some bits of dried dahl which we can't get the vacuum cleaner to :confused: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, and joking apart, I'm very curious about these claims of extended study and would like clarification of who or what this chapeau is claiming to be.

ALL HE HAS TO DO IS PUT THE LETTERS HE HAS ACHIEVED FOR EVERYONE TO SEE >
It's the bottom line that counts - innit ?

Sponsored Links
Five years of medical school and Chappy thinks you get high cholesterol from eating too much Weetabix.

I bet he refuses to sit next to fat people in case he catches obesity. :rolleyes:

Six actually. Did an intercalated BSc :)

So where in my first post did I use the word cholesterol? Happy to discuss at length of course, but I only mentioned saturated fat.

Sponsored Links
Most cholesterol is produced by your liver for the function of repairing the body.

Fook all to do with carbohydrates.

Says the man who left secondary school aged fourteen. Nothing wrong with that of course, but it is rather foolish of you to argue with somebody who left medical school aged 25 :)

Am I going to have to get inside your head again.....

Remember this Chappy?

Oh and you can get into my head all you like? It'll make a change from me getting into your arse. :mrgreen:

Been into your head already Joe, had some fun, you lost. Not at all interested in continuing to be honest, I shall let you think you won if you like, doesn't bother me though I know it's important to you.

See here for sat fat vs cholesterol argument.

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/does-dietary-saturated-fat-increase.html[/QUOTE]

That's actually not a bad essay.

The thing about cholesterol is it's easy and cheap to measure, that means the guvmint and GPs like doing it. Then giving drugs like statins reduces cholesterol and also dramatically reduces your heart attack risk.

So it's tempting to say that statins work because they lower cholesterol, it fits in with what everybody wants to hear.

But it probably isn't true, statins work because they do other things (almost certainly because it moderates inflamatory mechanisms), and cholesterol coming down has little to do with it, it's just something that happens too.

Carbohydrate intake is where it's all at, IMO, and that's because of how it affects insulin.

Cholesterol.png

Is the cholesterol chart reading correct?

I thought it's now a ratio calculation,

eg: Vegan 67.1 LDL divided by 46.0 HDL = 1.45 Cholesterol level. Was told by my GP the level now should be under 3

The UK measures cholesterol in mmol/l and not mg/dl. Confusing but that's the way it is, different units. Even more confusing, is a mmol of cholesterol is a different mass than a mmol of triglyceride.....

So as they are Yankee figures, divide the cholesterol figures by 40 for a pretty good estimate of what the UK figure would be.

For triglycerides, divide by 90 for rough UK figure.

Probably a useless table anyway.

I once said to a policeman I expect you've got o levels and a levels to which he said oh yes to which I replied what a waste of an education to end up in a dead end job :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back