Saunier Duval - Thelia 623 (pump replacement)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is I have water seeping from the pump on my Thelia 623 boiler in two places. Firstly, from the front where there is a brass serrated cap (to front of pump just behind boiler casing when opened) and the second leak to a pipe on the left which connects the pump to a jubilee clip and rubber hose and onto what is either the copper flow or return pipe. I am presuming the pump requires replacement however, is this a fairly straightforward job ie; just unbolting and bolting new unit back in place ? OR can it be taken apart and repaired ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The brass cap is an automatic air vent. They often leak from the little black cap. They the are the top part of a standard Caleffi 1/2 inch vent and should be less than £5.00. Just drop the boiler pressure and replace it (no need to remove the pump).

The hose connection can sometimes just be nipped up a bit. However the plastics on these boilers are notorious for becoming brittle. You may find the plastic connection just shears off! On some of these pumps the parts listing just shows the plastic moulding on the side of the pump is available as a seperate part. Not sure whether this is still available though. You'll also need the hose kit (2 in a packet).

If you need a complete pump they were about £150 last time I checked. The cheaper ones from Antares are of dubious quality.

Treat the boiler like a UXB otherwise it can start leaking from the reversing valve and a host of other places :(

This is the only model we refuse to work on if its a water issue because of the propensity to leak from so many different places.

Most people would advise the boiler should be replaced with another make.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hello - digging up an old thread as I have the same problem (leaky little black cap on top of the pump air vent). Can anyone tell me where I would go to buy one of these, and indeed what I would ask for?

Yes, I know it is an outdated boiler, and it does ooze a bit elsewhere, but at the moment I can't afford a new one, though do plan to replace in the next year.

Thanks
Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back