Savile again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A young girl named Claire Mcalpine killed herself in 1971, she was 15 years old and a regular on top of the pops. In her diary she accused Savile and a number of other famous people of abusing her.
The police read the diary and dismissed it as the teenage fantasies of a troubled young girl.
There must be some people who will be waiting for the knock on the door.
This gets worse and worse.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9591317/Jimmy-Saviles-toxic-legacy.html

Sponsored Links
If you read the full story you will see that her mum, who died last week, mentioned to the media there were things in her diary which the police were aware of.
I bet the toilet roll bill at the beeb is on the up!

Sponsored Links
That's a fine pair of blinkers you've got on there.
Not at all.
I've stated my position on this issue previously.

An article consisting of hints and suggestions does not, by itself, make it fact.

Don't you find it strange though that a lot of people in showbusiness are not actually denying things went on?
And if nothing did go on I find it strange that his family are being rather reticent about the whole thing.
I'm still not convinced but things do seem to be opening up.

I find it strange that the ex copper chose to go after the dead rather than the existing and potentially more worrying institutional abuses and cover up, if they occurred.

I notice he also kept quiet about originally working on this whilst being employed by the BBC.

It's a fact that the girl took an overdose. It's a fact that she was a regular dancer on top of the pops. It's a fact that she left a diary accusing Savile and others of abusing her.
Whether you believe that is a different story, but her accusations are just one more to add to a long list of others making the same claims.
You can also add Saviles own nephew to that list as well now.
Whether any action will be forthcoming against the other people she named will depend on if enough other people come forward with the same names.
I hope not, but I suspect most of the ones named will get away with it for lack of evidence.
That doesn't alter the fact that she named Savile as an abuser to go along with many others who have also named him.

Don't you find it strange though that a lot of people in showbusiness are not actually denying things went on?
And if nothing did go on I find it strange that his family are being rather reticent about the whole thing.
I'm still not convinced but things do seem to be opening up.

I haven't seen anything said by any of his contemporaries of the time, from what's coming out it seems that quite a few of them were also involved.
There are other people who saw what was happening and are now talking about it though. This girl from the article for example.

Jenni Bale, a BBC studio manager at the time, and who knew Savile, is in no doubt that the DJ abused Clair. “I believe Clair lost her life all those years ago because of what was done to her,” she said. She contacted police last week to ask them to look at the case again.

It's a fact that the girl took an overdose. It's a fact that she was a regular dancer on top of the pops. It's a fact that she left a diary accusing Savile and others of abusing her.
Whether you believe that is a different story, but her accusations are just one more to add to a long list of others making the same claims.
What the article actually said.
that suggest she may have been a victim of Sir Jimmy Savile’s alleged sexual predatory instincts

As much as you try, not quite the same is it.

What the article actually said.
that suggest she may have been a victim of Sir Jimmy Savile’s alleged sexual predatory instincts

As much as you try, not quite the same is it.

It doesn't matter what the article said. It's what was in the diary that's important.
Newspaper articles will always use words like "allegedly" "may" "suggest" etc. to protect themselves from possible libel suits.

sooey";p="2533927 said:
It doesn't matter what the article said. It's what was in the diary that's important.
Newspaper articles will always use words like "allegedly" "may" "suggest" etc. to protect themselves from possible libel suits.
Exactly!
Now, unless you have seen the diary you can't state it as fact. That article was, for The Telegraph, quite weak on substance.

The police read the diary at the time and dismissed it, Perhaps they will read it again now and take it more seriously.
Jenni Bale, a BBC studio manager at the time, and who knew Savile, is in no doubt that the DJ abused Clair. “I believe Clair lost her life all those years ago because of what was done to her,” she said. She contacted police last week to ask them to look at the case again.

Sponsored Links
Back