Savile again

How much more difficult is it to come out now that he is dead than when he was alive? If the answer to that from each and every single one affected is “just too difficult” or “I’d buried it deep within my tortured mind” I would still have thought the fact that he could be prosecuted in the living would be the greatest incentive and revenge, (if that is sought), of all. Correct?

The fact that it's happening means your thinking is incorrect I'd say.
Always remember that these were all young people who were abused, most of them starstuck. Some of them did complain to others at the time and were disbelieved.
I'm sure that if this programme had gone out while Savile was alive they would have come forward in the knowledge that they weren't the only ones doing so.

Sponsored Links
Have police interviewed a certain p**s poor comedian since allegations were made?

As far as I know there's only one person accusing him, so he has to be given the benefit of the doubt at the moment.
If enough other people come forward with similar accusations.....crucify the bstrd.
edit
that is badly put. What I mean is if enough people come forward and it can be proven that he was a beast then he should be crucified.

Have police interviewed a certain p**s poor comedian since allegations were made?

As far as I know there's only one person accusing him, so he has to be given the benefit of the doubt at the moment.
If enough other people come forward with similar accusations.....crucify the bstrd.
edit
that is badly put. What I mean is if enough people come forward and it can be proven that he was a beast then he should be crucified.
Hang on. A very serious allegation has been made - publicly too.
It does not need multiple accusations before the police respond.

So why no intervention on their part?

If she complains to the police they will have to investigate, If he denies it and there's no other proof it won't go to court.

Sponsored Links
If she complains to the police they will have to investigate, If he denies it and there's no other proof it won't go to court.
I never mentioned court.
The fact remains, why not get the police involved but happy to tell the world.
Whats that about?

If it was your daughter alumni that was assaulted what would you expect her to do?

You do know what you get when you've abused children and then died before they found out what you'd done?

Away with it. Theres bugger all you can do about it now.

Only on DIYnot would I say this; in between the slagging off, vitriol, you’re a nob he’s a nob and blah blah blah. I don’t know who I’m agreeing or disagreeing with! :rolleyes:

You do know what you get when you've abused children and then died before they found out what you'd done?

Away with it. Theres bugger all you can do about it now.
Well yes and no...

No, you can’t hold him to account because he’s dead; to state the obvious.

Yes, you can affect his legacy and alter the latest Wiki entry to something like “outed as a disgusting pervert!". Or in years to come, stripped of titles & charities he founded or subscribed to were disbanded or changed to reflect his disgusting behaviour. In 2015 the Queen herself commented on what a despicable person he was and he should never have been knighted.

See were I’m going with this?

Of course it matters after Saville’s death. Next question....

Sorry, I didn't mean to kill the thread :oops:

thdeadthread.gif

All I meant was no amount of reparation will ever be enough but you can rubbish his legacy. (I’m a bit OTT sometimes).

If we are really honest, virtually all pop stars and top DJ's have teenage girls lusting after them at stage doors, then if they are lucky they boast to their friends who they have s*****d. Are we therefore to prosecute every celebrity who has been seduced by these girls? If they are guilty and proved so in a court of law then I will personnaly turn the key, but witch hunts are not the way to do it.

If being a pop star gave immunity for messing with kids glitter and king would never have been locked up.

I’ve always thought the way we impose limits is strange. A tiny fraction over a drink limit for example and you’re classed as drunk, ****ed, rat-arsed. You would suffer a fine, ban and the indignation of being regarded as a complete maniac. However, if you are one fraction under the limit it’s a case of on your way sir; no fine or ban etc. It’s not as though a 2 mg difference sends you from competent to crazy but that’s how things are assessed.

I knew a guy who went with a girl of fourteen. Sounds bad doesn’t it? But he’s from Trieste where the age of consent is lower and he himself was only fifteen. Taking it to the next level, over here if you went with a girl the day before her 16th birthday it’s classed as rape but the day after it’s not.

Add to that the fact that adolescents mature at a different rate and you can easily try and make a case for someone being too young or old enough, yet we have this fixation with numbers and limits. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to make a case for underage sex, but I do find it odd how, depending where you are and circumstances, it’s deemed legal or illegal; good or bad.

At the age of 16 I felt like a boy amongst men at school. In the gym playing basketball these big hirsute guys were all around me, but I couldn’t grow a beard and had no armpit hair. I remember girls I knew at the time and some were flat-chested whereas others were unquestionably full grown women. So, like all limits, they’re a strange way of doing things but there’s no better alternative I guess.

I think there’s something inside me from my Victorian upbringing which would make me recoil if a young woman made advances towards me. I’m 54 now and although it would be both flattering and legal for a women of 18 to come onto me I honestly couldn’t. I’d feel weird if she was under 30 TBH because my daughter is that age so it would almost seem like, well you know...

Of course, what he’s alleged to have done isn’t a grey area at all.

="2534602 said:
In 2015 the Queen herself commented on what a despicable person he was and he should never have been knighted.

are you psychic :confused:

Sorry, I didn't mean to kill the thread :oops:

thdeadthread.gif

All I meant was no amount of reparation will ever be enough but you can rubbish his legacy. (I’m a bit OTT sometimes).
Don`t worry , I`m a Resurrection Man - Like Burke+ Hare :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back