SAW FOR DECKING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'd welcome any advice that anyone can offer on this. I am just about to start a decking project in my garden. A lot of the saw work will be done with a powered mitre saw, but for the work 'in-situ', I'm a bit unsure what to use.

I bought a cordless Ryobi circular saw a while ago, but I really find that it's pretty weedy for cutting PT timber. I had thought about buying a corded one, but I also find the circular saw a bit awkward to guide. I've got a very old B&D jig-saw, and am thinking about buying a newer and more powerful one rather than buying a circular saw. I find the jigsaw much easier to use.

Is this a mistake - and if not, and recommendation for Jig-saws?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
depends what you want to cut, but a jigsaw is not designed for the straight cuts you will want to do. The mitre saw should do the majority of the work and a decent handsaw should be all you need for the rest, along with a sharp chisel or two

Mitre saw - I have a compound mitre saw from b&q. Usually I buy all Bosch Pro tools (blue) but this didn't warrant it. It only has a 190mm blade, but it has more than enough capacity for decking. It was about £90 I think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back