Saw horse or work bench for circular saw?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have been looking into buying a circular saw and a saw horse or work bench to use in order to saw pieces/sheets of wood. Having never done this before I am not sure what would be best as the sawhorses that you see don't seem to have any way of securing the wood onto them from what I can see. Would I be better getting a small work bench? Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
I saw all my sheets on the floor. Laid on a sheet of polystyrene to act as a sacrificial board.
I can slice four 18mm sheets in one go with my HK85.
If I'm making trusses I'll have about 70 or 80 sheets to process. Which I can get through in three or four hours.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I just use folding plastic horses and don't worry about cutting into them. You might need three or four if cutting 8x4 sheets

that's a lot of ****ing around, back in the day. First day on site, cut a pallets down to 2/3 their size and screw them together at an angle with a bit of bracing to form an A frame not the lightest I will grant you but took about 10 min s to make a pair. Throw them on the fire on your way off site

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back