Use this mitre saw as a saw horse?

Sponsored Links
Thought you'd asked this one before, but yes, if you remove the end extensions then that will function as a saw horse in the same way that a DE7035 does - they are almost identical and share the same legs, top section, etc

You could always make a saw horse with your chop saw .
Alright if you own a Transit and very few tools, not so brilliant if you have a Partner/Berlingo-sized van and a half-decent kit

Would this work as a saw horse as well as Mitre saw? Would have to attach wood using gaffer tape as can't really screw the bottom

http://www.axminster.co.uk/dewalt-de7033-mitre-saw-legstand-101728

The one Dewalt DE7035 saw horse i bought recommended by job and knock is great by the way.

Wouldn't take the gift of those things as a saw horse.
I have foldable pair made from light weight timber. Can carry them under one arm and will take up less space in a van than those contraptions.

Partners and belingos are not vans IMO. Glorified hatchbacks more like.

Sponsored Links
i have the slightly longer version 7023
i made a wooden platform that clicks on to allow the use off a second saw without transferring the rather expensive clamps that come with it
i made it sit under the outside lips rather than the inner groove to give a greater area off grip in case off load on the front edge
now mines is well made and the full bed off the saw is over the stand but i will only load the saw at the back on the fence as i dont trust my £500 battery slider on the grip off the screws :D
would i trust it as general work surface well not really as its too high to work comfortably with large bits off material
as said 2 saw horses and 2 bits off 4x2" works a treat

Wouldn't take the gift of those things as a saw horse.
I have foldable pair made from light weight timber. Can carry them under one arm and will take up less space in a van than those contraptions.

Partners and belingos are not vans IMO. Glorified hatchbacks more like.
You can be as cocky and arrogant as you like, but the OP drives one, as do many, many other tradesmen. I've had three over the years and they are what they are, i.e. cheap and cheerful but not a bad vehicle to drive. As for your wooden trestles, it's all a matter of opinion, but anything with as large a footprint as those ones of yours becomes a problem if you are using a car derived van or estate car - again the transport of choice for many tradesmen (although they are probably not "proper tradesmen" in your opinion).

would i trust it as general work surface well not really as its too high to work comfortably with large bits off material
as said 2 saw horses and 2 bits off 4x2" works a treat
That may be a size thing, B-A, but I'm rather tall and for tasks like routing or sheet breaking-down, etc on site I find the height to be OK

but anything with as large a footprint as those ones of yours becomes a problem

Nope.
I have a brand new Makita saw stand which is probably smaller than the dewalt.
And it takes up more space than the foldable horses.
Which is why I rarely use it.

This is turning into a circular argument, yet again. The point about the type of full size saw stand was that it was too big for a small van. But then proper tradesmen don't drive them, do they?

You can be as cocky and arrogant as you like, but the OP drives one, as do many, many other tradesmen. I've had three over the years and they are what they are, i.e. cheap and cheerful but not a bad vehicle to drive. As for your wooden trestles, it's all a matter of opinion, but anything with as large a footprint as those ones of yours becomes a problem if you are using a car derived van or estate car - again the transport of choice for many tradesmen (although they are probably not "proper tradesmen" in your opinion).

That may be a size thing, B-A, but I'm rather tall and for tasks like routing or sheet breaking-down, etc on site I find the height to be OK

oooeerr misses :D

it may work well if you use the official clamps and attach a board but to be off any real use would have a fair bit off overhang and require some additional support to stop sag

Thought you'd asked this one before, but yes, if you remove the end extensions then that will function as a saw horse in the same way that a DE7035 does - they are almost identical and share the same legs, top section, etc
I guess just pull arms out and remove them. They add a lot of weight. But how would I attach wood to the top? U cant screw through because the two tubes underneath get in way. Gaffer tape?

Last edited:
My own (the plain trestles) have 4 x 2s screwed from beneath. As you say the chop saw stand version has the tubes, but could you not fit a timber capping using something like repair plates at the sides?

20180526_191437.jpg
20180526_192104.jpg
My own (the plain trestles) have 4 x 2s screwed from beneath. As you say the chop saw stand version has the tubes, but could you not fit a timber capping using something like repair plates at the sides?

I got the mitre saw to use as a sawhorse as well. Cant take tubes out mind. How l attach the wood on top. Longer repair plates than the ones in picture ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back