Sawhorse table

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was looking at buying a pair sawhorses. The toughbuilt c700 looks good. They will hold a pair of 2x4 or 4x4 and then you can add a board on top for a bench.

What board would you recommend if it needs to support fence panels, doors etc? 9mm OSB? Ply?

I was also looking at storage since space is limited in the house. Would it be silly to chop the board and the 2x4s in half and connect them using some hinges? It would mean the board would fold up for storage and the 2x4s could fold up as well.

Sponsored Links
Would not bother, the saw horses will hold doors etc what's the boards purpose?

Sponsored Links
i was looking at buying a pair sawhorses. The toughbuilt c700 looks good. They will hold a pair of 2x4 or 4x4 and then you can add a board on top for a bench
Unless they have changed the design, they actually won't hold 2in timber, rough saws, planed or CLS. The gap width is more like 63mm - even CLS is 70 or 68mm. I'd suggest checking this befor you jump in and buy them

The biggest gripe I have about them is that they have a tendency to self-destruct when carted around in the back of a van, the roads in this neck of the woods being what they are (i.e. rough enough to convert the van into a mobile medicine shaker)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back