SBR and water mix ratio on concrete and plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question following on from a previous post.
I am intending to tile onto a concrete floor with minimal adhesive residue from the previous floor tiles.
I have been advised to seal the floor with SBR and I would like the best advice for the ratio of SBR to water ratio. I think it manufacturer states 1 to 1 but would very much like to confirm this.
Also, as I intend to tile the plasterboard in a non wet area would the ratio be the same as for the floor?
Sorry to be taking the belt and brace approach but it's taken me this long to reach this stage and I want to get it right before proceeding.
Kind regards
Navy

Sponsored Links
50 : 50 is what I use
So, @Navy, make sure you use 50:50 rather than 1 to 1 ;)

But on a serious note; why not just confirm it with the manufacturer direct rather than some random strangers on the net who don't even know what brand of SBR you've bought..

..the mix ratio is probably written on the can

Years ago sbr used to be so thick it needed much more water to dilute it but the 3 brands ive bought recently all seem to have the consistency of full fat milk.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for replying.
I bought Bond It (product code BDH040) and in fairness it states 1:1 mix.
I really wanted first hand opinions from users of SBR to what ratio they personally use. I know a few builders who in the past have varied the manufactures suggestions to suit there own style with success. I once contacted a cement manufacturer and was told never add anything to the product which is odd as there are so many additives for cement.
Recently, I was in contact with a shower tray manufacturer concerning the bedding down of their shower tray. One question three differing answers from three individuals within the same company. Interestingly, the final advice was not what was shown in there own instruction manual on how to bed the tray down.

I'll go with 1:1

Thank again for replying
Navy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back