Mixing tile adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP

I am currently in the process of tiling my kitchen floor,
i have purchased my adhesive from topps tiles and have looked at the instructions for mixing on the back of the bag,

and i dont find them clear at all !!

can anyone point me in the right direction for these?

instructions are as follows
"Always add powder to water. Mechanically mix approx 3 parts(volume by volume) powder to water to a smooth lump free morter"

Is this like a 3:1 ratio?

like 3 cups of powder to 1 cup of water?

Any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Stick an inch of water in the bottom of a clean bucket. Add powder and mix with a paddle mixer in a drill. Don't be afraid of adding plenty of powder at once - it mixes quite readily. If it looks too dry when mixing.... add a little water.
Mix to a peanut butter consistency.
Don't try and re-liven adhesive that is going off by adding water or it'll weaken the adhesive.

thanks for the reply

will this not cause me problems becasue on the bag it says that 4.5kg of powder should cover 1 square metre, and i have 2 x 20kg bags,
and i have an 8 square metre area to cover.

if i am guessing my mixes will i end up running out of powder?

i dont want to risk running out and having to buy another bag just to finish a small area.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back