Adhesive problems

Ah, I see. Don't you find it slowing you down waiting for it to dry?
Ardex X77w for me :) C2FT(T)E(E) / S1.
Not much it can't be used for, is rapid setting but has an open time of up to an hour.

hello...skitzee2k ;)
as rich has already said i dont tend to go on..and onnnn...as some ;) :LOL:
i am sorry if you think that i have been.."out of hand"with my comment i am sorry for that mate.
so welcome to the forum bud ;) i"m sure you will get to know all the guys and their "replys" in due cousre lol...dont let me put you off for gods sake..i am a @@@@@@ sometimes if not always :LOL:

re:ardex x77..x78 good stuff mate fibre reinforced fast setting times for traffic and grout ..good stuff,not used it on a daily basis but when working with it been very impressed..indeed..

so again welcome onboard mate..bloody hell aint typed this much for ages will need to go and lie down in a darkened room.... :LOL:

so await replys and abuse most welcome... ;)

Sponsored Links
Don’t mind tactic; whereas I tend to waffle on & on, he's a man of few words so he can seem a bit "off" at times but he’s never actually been wrong as far as I’m aware ; I keep tabs but, so far, no luck.

soon rich...very soon... ;) will thro a little curve ball so we can have a "discussion" mate... :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Ah, I see. Don't you find it slowing you down waiting for it to dry?
Not at all when laying; as I said, so long as waiting till next day for grout isn’t an issue &, generally, it’s not for me with the type of work I do.

Ardex X77w for me :) C2FT(T)E(E) / S1.
Not much it can't be used for, is rapid setting but has an open time of up to an hour.
Not tried it personally, I tend to stick with BAL but sometimes think I should look at/try others; but at least I know where I am with it.

I used to be a BAL man through and through...they started messing with things few years ago and the competition stepped up to the mark a bit.
You'd think with the tens of thousands they spent on 'rebranding' i.e. changing the font on the packaging and the disaster that is Tilerworld.com they would have just made the price a little lower.

Their latest Variset adventure has also proved to be a huge waste of time and money.

Sponsored Links
bal re:prices

imo their prices have dropped,more in line with mapei/weber..etc

well trade price that is,the more your using from your sources the more discount they will pass on to the fixer.

rapidset £15
rapidset flex£20
add £2 on when using white.
grout from £6-£15...10kg bags

dont get me wrong weber around £10-£12 thats the cheapest i have seen.

Cheapest I have found so far is Weber SPF rapid (low dust) grey 9.95+ and white 11.95+.

BAL, with their new pricing per litre with the advent of their supercover stuff are more competitive than they were...but they just can't get low enough (and don't really want to either from speaking to them). Their Profix debacle only showed them up further when they produced a rapidset flex only slightly lower spec than their rapidflex but at a trade price of 8.99+ per 20kg. Still had Building Adhesive Limited on it... Many people scratching their heads wondering where the extra money goes on Bal rapid flex.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back