Scaffolding Over a Full-Width Canopy Roof to Access Main Roof?

Sponsored Links
Any scaffold company will be able to deal with that small jut-out. Piece of cake.

I forgot to mention, i want to buy and erect the scaffolding myself rather than hire it.
Eh?

Why on earth do you want to build your own scaffold? I can't think of anything I'd like to do less, especially given the circumstances.

Have you ever raised or lowered a 21 footer?

Sponsored Links
Are you qualified to erect scaffolding???? And more importantly what insurance policy will you have in place in case of an accident/incident

You could use putlogs into the house wall above the canopy.

Otherwise its two towers and a bridge beam

TBH, just get some scaffolders to do you a cash job and get a proper platform put up.

There's lots of ways to bodge it and scrimp, but best to stay realistic.

"It feels safe enough and I've come to trust it" is a dangerous way of thinking. It might "feel safe" but I'll bet it isn't. The outriggers would probably just bend if anything happened. If it did "go" anyone standing on it would be in serious trouble. Ropes and harnesses or not. Getting used to the way something is can lead you into feeling that it's safe, when it's not.
Some jobs you can DIY, and some jobs require knowledge and experience beyond that which a DIY-er has. As woody says, get a proper scaffolding job done by people who know what they are doing.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back