Scaffolding scam?

You all mistake me for a regular DIYer…… I have watched about 6 YouTube videos now and if I was in the scaffolding business, I’d be training the trainers…. Pretty much God level. Pilsbury erections here I come.

I also have the experience of successfully “striking” (scaffolder talk) a 3 lift 12’x6’ gig today without getting beaten up, robbed, arrested, killed or destroying any property! I have a new found respect for scaffolders. Me and a mate took 3.5hours to dismantle. Weighs a bloody ton - in fact I’m guessing a couple of tons. My roof rack and trailer looked like a clown show.

Anyhow I am now sitting here with a beer and another adventure under my belt. Erecting on my own is gonna be a giggle. Don’t you all stress, I’ve got my ledgers and transoms all sorted in my head along with braces and outriggers and wall bolts.

Apart from the graft and trying to get it back here, it was a cracking deal.

I’ll post pictures of my erection for you all to critique in the next week or so. Don't think I can get one up tonight ;)

Sponsored Links
I’ll post pictures of my erection for you all to critique in the next week or so. Don't think I can get one up tonight ;)

Thanks for the heads up, I’ve got time to buy a magnifier. :D

Well done on not getting beaten up(y)

Sponsored Links
They've had the day off today to go to the Remembrance service with all their other ex-squaddie mates.
If they are not too hung over they may discover it missing tomorrow. If they have had a good sesh you have probably got till Monday.

The cost of scaffolding and traffic control for the re-thatch of my roof was about £1200

View attachment 250308
There was a similar amount of scaffolding at the back of the cottage.

DIY scaffolding is possible and if there is absolutely no risk of damage or injury to neighbours and/or their property ( includes your visitors ) then liability insurance would not be essential.

Is that full stretch your 'cottage' Bernard? :eek:

upload_2021-11-12_7-13-16.png

Mine is to the right of the red line, the X is my bed room over the retail unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back