Scaffolding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Just a quick question. Done lots of work on my house this year and it's close to being finished. Gonna have winter off and get some more stuff done next year but I need to get my piggy bank filled up before I start. One job that desperately needs to be done as soon as springtime arrives is the pointing. My question is how much would it cost me to have the necessary scaffolding erected for a couple of weeks? I live in an average sized linked semi with a cvonservatory at the back

Thanks
Peadee

Sponsored Links
It's best to call a few companies up and get a good idea or the cost, You maybe able to get it for less than £500, they generally charge by the month as they have to inspect it every month, to check that it's still safe and issue a cert.

I was always led to believe that scaffolds need inspecting immediately after erecting, alteration and at a maximum of 7 day intervals. I also think it needs to be inspected after high winds or after any event which may have affected the scaffold.
Monthly inspections are not allowed.

Sponsored Links
I was always led to believe that scaffolds need inspecting immediately after erecting, alteration and at a maximum of 7 day intervals. I also think it needs to be inspected after high winds or after any event which may have affected the scaffold.
Monthly inspections are not allowed.

FFS! :rolleyes:

Sorry my mistake, must have been day dreaming :oops:
A weekly inspection is advised, this may not always be the case, but it is a HSE recommendation.

Sorry my mistake, must have been day dreaming :oops:
A weekly inspection is advised, this may not always be the case, but it is a HSE recommendation.

so who is supposed to inspect it on a weekly basis... and who advises this... and who will the inspector report to.........

The advise is given by HSE, the company that installed the scaffold should have it inspected by a competent person and report to the client.
It's part of the working at heights regulation and a legal requirement.

the main contractor is responsible for the scaffold once a certificate has been issued by the scaffolding contractor. it should then be inspected by the main contracttor every day that it is being used and logged
it has nothing to do with the client unless he wants to see the log.....

That's if there is a main contractor, if some one has requested a scaffold company to erect a scaffold either at their home or place of work, the report should be given to the person or persons ordering this.
By the sounds of the OP, that looks very much like what they intended to do!

but it is not the scaffolders job to inspect the scaffolding once it is handed over ....
if the scaffold is for private use then no inspections are required...

**** all that messing about just hire a ally tower from hire station good prices
cheeper then a scaffold and it can be moved about side to side and up and down
what you need a 5m tower job done and the driver ither shows you or you get a hand book with it to put it up its a easy job
lewis20tower20for20website200661.jpg

have it on costers with bracks or on sole plates and all the out rigers can be moved so it go,s up agenst the house
trust me pointing is a boring arse job use a pointing gun it will help you out the **** quicker
Propoint_mortar_gun30_11.jpg

any good b&q supper store will sell them i tend to use tradepoint for most my stuff

**** all that messing about just hire a ally tower from hire station good prices
cheeper then a scaffold and it can be moved about side to side and up and down
what you need a 5m tower job done and the driver ither shows you or you get a hand book with it to put it up its a easy job
lewis20tower20for20website200661.jpg

have it on costers with bracks or on sole plates and all the out rigers can be moved so it go,s up agenst the house
trust me pointing is a boring a**e job use a pointing gun it will help you out the s**t quicker
Propoint_mortar_gun30_11.jpg

any good b&q supper store will sell them i tend to use tradepoint for most my stuff

well done you.... and no doubt you are capable of erecting that after the hire companies driver has driven off having given you the instuctions....

well yer its just you that stands there looking at it scratching your arse

well yer its just you that stands there looking at it scratching your a**e

well done.... is that all you can do.... or can you amaze us all and say you have a certificate to prove that you are capable.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back