Scalding hot water and heating / hot water confusion

the immersion switch is off usually. we have been turning it on for about an hour a day amid the warm weather because that's the only way we could get hot water when the heating was off.

Sponsored Links
That must be why it's scalding hot, unless thermostat on boiler failed.
As for other problem, either mid position valve is on the wrong way or its wired incorrectly.
I recommend you call someone in who knows how to wire up y plan system correctly. Ie not the guy who watched you fit it last time.

The cylinder thermostat is new. I will check if valve is on right way round. If its on incorrectly will that make the hot water come on separately?

Sponsored Links
Go to the top of the page and hit the images button, create an album
Then add images. Browse to the images and upload them
When uploaded go the the album and use the netcode to add them to a post

Matt

Having realised the three way valve was round the wrong way, and turned it round the right way, the whole thing is fine now. Thanks for all your help chaps

Hello guys / girls,
I have scalding hot water and cannot get my central heating and hot water to come on independently. I have replaced the gauge which clamps onto the side of the hot water cylinder, fitted a new control panel and even put a new three way valve on in a bid to solve these two issues. This morning after fitting the new valve the hot water came on as requested but the heating came on too even though the switch on the panel said 'off'. Before I fitted the valve we had to have the heating on if we wanted hot water, which is a pain in warm weather. Can anyone offer me tips or guidance on what else to try please?
Thank you very much!
Doug Shields
So one or more of these attempts fixed the problem were it not for the valve being installed the wrong way?
If there are two ways to install this valve and you had no other information you had a 50-50 chance of doing it correctly.

BTW, IMHO, the more clues furnished, including schematics, the better the odds of someone being able to help you.
If you assume any single clue is irrelevant it implies that you already know the solution to the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back