Scantronic 10n-16 Wireless Burglar Alarm

Tak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed an ion-16 alarm recently, which includes a PIR in my garage. Currently, I'm having to go to the garage and drive the car out, lock the garage door before I going back into the house to Full set the alarm.

Is there anyway I can set the garage PIR so that I am able to Full set the alarm as I leave the house and still able to get in and out of the garage without triggering the system? Similarly, I want to just drive my car into the garage and then enter the house to unset the alarm without it going off - is there a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Radio fob
I understand what you say, but how on Earth would he know if it has worked or not? - Sitting in a car with the engine running.

I can easily see him thinking it's still Off when On & On when Off, get the idea?

I've googled the remote control and found that there was also a 'two way' fob.

I understand that I can drive my car out of the electric garage, close the door & set the alarm from the fob.

What I need to know is this: When I come home, can I just press the unset button on the fob and drive my car into the garage - and the alarm will be unset or do I need to open my front door to activate the house door contact first?

Can someone please also tell me the difference between:

1. Scantronic I-FB01 Remote set/unset Keyring Fob (£25)

2. Scantronic I-ON 4 button wireless key fob (£50)

Thank You!

Sponsored Links
Not sure on the ion stuff but on the texecom the fob tells you if the alarm is armed, or you can use the bell box chirp or the strobe flashes on arming.

• Thanks
Reactions: Tak
For the i-ON, you need the i-FB01. It won't tell you that the alarm is set.

Why don't you put a contact on the garage door? You could program it as a Final Exit and, when you get out of the cat to open or close the garage, you could use the fob and listen for the sounder in the house.

You could also use the i-RK01 radio "keypad" (which is just a big, coded fob) and screw it to the garage wall. They're more expensive than the fob but you won't need one each and it won't get smashed up by keys, lost, filled with water, etc..

Sparkymarka is right, as usual, you can flash the strobe on the bell box when the alarm sets.

• Thanks
Reactions: Tak
Must be a big cat ! Lol

I tried riding the cat, but found it less efficient than the car, ha ha!!

But seriously guys the advice has been invaluable - will let you now soon what option I'll choose.

Tak";p="2827258 said:
Must be a big cat ! Lol

Guys> I brought a Two Way Fob (FOB-2W-4B) and tried to set it up & failed!

I went into installer menu> detectors/devices>detectors>radio keypads>add>radio kpd01>activate radio keypad tamper.

I put the battery into the fob and it didn't work. Took the batt. out & put it back, still no joy - pressed a combination of buttons and its still not working????

What am I doing wrong? Should I go into System Options menu and set something there (users?)?? PLEASE HELP, THANKS.

are you learning a fob ? or a keypad ? as I think the set up is different.

Thanks sparkymarks, Its a fob. I dont know if I need to set up a user first? When I go thro' installer menu to radio keypads, it asks me to activate the tamper........how do i do that?

just had a quick look as I don't install ion systems and it looks like on most panels you need to go to admin / users / edit user / remotes look in manual or google scantronic ion admin guide. it was the first one I found.

Yup. You add the remote to the user. The remote/fob/telecommand is the i-FB01 oval keyring thingy with the four buttons and an LED at the end.

A radio keypad is as it says - a keypad that fits on the wall but without wires (and they eat batteries!). There is also a prox tag which is an egg-shaped keyring tag that is used as a kind of "proximity user code" infront of the keypad. It's actually an industry standard EM tag as used on Galaxy panels, Siemens/Europlex, and many others...

Cat - car... Bloodt iPad (sic) :LOL:

OK Guys, I've now brought and added a Two Way Fob (FOB-2W-4B) to the alarm system - by getting to learn the fob.

I can 'full set' and the alarm from the fob without have to use the access code - lock the front door, drive the car out of the garage, close door and set the alarm, hurray!

BUT, it does not 'unset' the alarm. When I press the 'unset' button and enter the garage the PIR activates the alarm!!!

Even if I unset the alarm from the fob, when I enter the house I need to press the unset on the fob again to unset it? Why can't I just press the unset button on the fob and disarm the whole alarm - just like I do a full set by pressing the fob, on leaving? Thanks.

Probably a fail safe to stop you unsetting the system by mistake, not a ion installer so not sure if this can be disabled , other option fit a contact on garage door set to entry exit, I assume you can disarm once the entry timer starts ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back