scantronic 9076 relay board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, I am trying to get an understanding of how my relay board works. there are no manuals for this obviously because this is obsolete \i believe.

can someone please give me a kind brief on how I connect this up before i break something i cannot repair.

the 9076 board has the following connections
0v
relay 1 = bell delay, NC C NO
relay 2 =burg, NC C NO
relay 3 =PA, NC C NO
relay 4 =aux(fire), NC C NO
12v

this board is plugged into my scantronic 9600. I propose to connect the speech dialler to this I have wired the dialler up no problem its just the panel end I am struggling with. I would like to use all 3 triggers (BURG, PA, FIRE).

in regards to my dialler post I have managed to get the dialler to connect. the panel just won't trigger the dialler on alarm.

thanks

ps, no abuse please I know this sounds simple and easy to you alarm engineers but its not so obvious to me. thanks again :)

Sponsored Links
Page 7 Texecom speech dialer manual ...this shows ALL connections via a RELAY either normally closed or open AND voltage starts

sorry mate, that diagram means nothing to me. you will need to be blunt I'm afraid. which wire goes where? the power and tamper are fine its just the triggers.

Sponsored Links
few more questions

1: is the panel already powering the relays?.

2: depending on the type of alarm ( intruder activation) , does the panel switch that relay during alarm?.

3: do i need to do any linking? ( connect the 0v to the commons on each relay). I am using negative applied trigger.

4: if questions 1 2 and 3 are correct is it just a case of connecting the relevant triggers from the dialler to the normally open contact on the relays.?

thanks

Yes, yes, yes and yes! The board was designed to give you voltage-free relay contacts from the plug-on pins (which were used for Redcare units). It is perfect for your application and you have worked out how to use it. Just make sure that you are running the speech dialer from the panel's power.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back