speech dialler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys me again. sorry to be a pain the ass, but need pointing in the right direction. I have connected the texecom speech and text dialler to my scantronic 9600 today (time off work). the alarm works as normal triggers the sounders ect. but the speech dialler does nothing.

I will explain the connection set up.
the dialler trigger inputs and connections to panel
1:fire (orange) this is connected to the normally open contact (AUX fire) on 9076 relay board in the panel.
2: PA (yellow) again connected to the no contact on relay board
3: intruder (blue) as above connected to the no contact.

the 12v and ov are connected to the aux, and tampers connected to a/t terminals. no issues with power or tamper.

so have I wired this correctly?

on the test options i have tried a text message but this does not work. I have not tried the voice message yet (half past 8 is too late for me now. :LOL:).

my phone uses orange so does the rest of my family but this not availiable on the sms option. the default is 02 uk if you are wondering.

I will leave it at that just now, any help would be great. if would like more info just ask. cheers

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a wiring issue.

The diall

Is triggered normally by a negative trigger but can be inverted to acept a positive trigger.

look at the wiring diagrams in the installer manual.

Sounds like a wiring issue.

The diall

Is triggered normally by a negative trigger but can be inverted to acept a positive trigger.

look at the wiring diagrams in the installer manual.

i have checked the manual and it has no diagram from dialler to panel. just a diagram for positive or negative operation. I am quite sure the 9600 uses a negative trigger but i'm unsure how to set it up. cheers

Sponsored Links
ITS A RELAY BOARD you have to add the the required voltage wether it's a neg or positive via the common input !

the 9600 relay board has 4 relays the ones i'm using is aux(fire), nc c no,
pa nc c no, intruder nc c no.

should i be connecting the triggers to normally closed or normally open?.
or do i need to use a link wire to link the 0v to one of the triggers in the dialler?.
thanks

sorry spark you must have replied as i was responding to secureiam. AHH so on the relay board use the 0v and link to the common on each relay then connect the relevant triggers to the normally open on the relay?

The installaion manual does have the diagrams for normally open and closed relays it is in the insyallation manual not the user manual.

hi again, just a few more questions then i'll be out your hair.

1: the 9076 relay board plugged into the main panel. I take the panel already switches relay on alarm according to which trigger, intruder, pa, fire,. I take it I just need to select the appropriate polarity using either the 12v or 0v on each side of the board?.

2: I take it i does not matter whether I use normally closed or normally open contact to trigger the dialler?.

3: how do I set up the dialler so it will phone my orange mobile.?

I don't want seem rude, but have you read the manuals and attempted anything as the manuals do answer all these questions.

The speech dialler is set for negative triggers at default, so thats the way i would wire it to save you some effort.

As you can see from the manual normally open or normally closed relays for certain triggers are wired in certain ways, so follow the instructions.

dial a number and play message is voice, send a text is text.

This I think is straight forward to do, however when you want it to call and then send a text or to call more numbers then you may want to consider the acknowledgement settsing in more detail.

Please try first and if stuck ask the questions.

Warning I would make sure that theres no power (ie no 12V) going to the speech dialler cables until its been wired up as i know many people have accidentally shorted the unit unit by placing the live wire on the pcb.

hi secureiam, no you do not appear rude at all. you are right. I have got it sorted and it now works thanks for the help.

I guess the moral is " read the f***ing manual".

Glad its sorted.

No one minds helping if they get stuck but some of your questions looked as though you hadn't read the manual first.(two manuals in this case).

(sometimes they may as well be written in another language, they are so hard to follow though).

There are many that help out on here for free, whilst i cant speak for them I know i am more willing to help someone that is stuck, than someone that hasn't taken the time to get stuck first. (if you know what I mean).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back