Scantronic 9448+ and keyboard 9427

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I recently moved house. New house is already fitted with Scantronic 9448+. But there is no power light in the box and trying to enter any key in the keyboard do nothing in to the alarm.

Is there any way I can enable my 9448+

I did open the 9448 unit and found the main power comes into the system ( using tester ) It has a battery not sure if this battery is any good aswell.

This house was build in 2003 so should be about 12 years old unit. please advice if I can use this unit

regards
Shahul

Sponsored Links
Is the keypad backlight on ( check at night ) if not and you say there is a 240v ac supply to the control panel, it's probably the transformer / tx fuse on the control panel pcb these are known to blow when the battery is faulty and the transformer overheads, try a new fuse AND replace battery don't use the old one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back