Scantronic 9448+ Hardwired Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Scantronic 9448+ is on its second board, so getting on a bit. I last changed the battery about 2008, I think. Recently its been faulting occasionally with the tamper light coming on. Tonight I came in and it had gone off and wouldn't turn off with the keypad, so I disconnected the mains and disconnected the battery.

Has the battery just failed as a result of the alarm going off for a while?

What might be causing the tamper? It seems to reset OK every time.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I would definitely fit a new battery, the general rule is replace the battery every 5 if you have no means of testing the battery capacity. Flat battery can make a alarm system do all manor of weird faults.

I don't know your panel, can you post a picture of the panel with the fault led active

The new battery has arrived and I've put it in. When I do 0 Enter 7890 all the red LEDs light up and flash. Is this right? I tried to re-program our code in but it didn't seem to work.

Sponsored Links
Yes , now open the panel , change the battery , close the panel , type 99 enter , you are now back in day mode ..

I've done that and the LEDs went out but entering my alarm code or 1234 does nothing. Any ideas please?

I tried re-entering our alarm code using the engineer code, but although it beeped to say the code had been accepted, entering the code doesn't appear to set the alarm.

Last edited:
So you can get into engineering ? 0 enter 7890 ...yes ok now type in 21enter now enter your 4 digi code and enter , 99 enter , now try code

OK, I've got my code working again, but zones 5 and 6 flash. I don't think they are connected.

What do I need to do to tell the box to ignore these?

The night code (2 enter Code) appears to work OK.

Last edited:
OK, I managed to omit zones 5 and 6 by going through the engineers code and doing 15 Enter and pressing 5 and 6, but now 2 Enter and my code (night setting) just gives a solid tone rather than a beep beep beep

Beep beep zone open , long tone all clear .... Did it have low tone for night set ? Without knowing the layout / the zones and devices it's guess work

2 other things:
1. The system still tampers occasionally, with only the tamper light showing. What should I do to find out why?
2. The part set for nigh-time on zone 4 has a loud continuous buzz for 20 seconds. Is it possible to silence this and just have the flashing LED?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back