Scantronic 9448+ with 9427 keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks
I have this alarm system and am thinking about turning it off completely. And I mean completely
There is no dedicated switch on the main’s electric board for the alarm. If it had one, I guess it would be easy to switch alarm off and remove back up battery, I assume.? Hmm
Now my question is, if I remove the 5A fuse to the control panel and then remove the backup battery, will that just turn the whole alarm system off with no surprises? Am guessing in theory, it should as there will be no power to the control panel, external sounder and internal sounder, right?
Am a bit worried removing the 5A fuse( cuts electrical power to control panel?) and disconnecting the backup battery may activate the alarm and of course I won’t be able to silence it.
Can anyone tell me what will happen or a better way to completely disable it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Worst case get ladders out or wait 20 mins for the cut out timer to kick in ….post picture of external bellbox

Thank you for the response. Photo attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4245.jpeg
    IMG_4245.jpeg
    265.4 KB · Views: 43
Sponsored Links
So effectively you are agreeing with my plan as the way to disable it but in case the alarm goes off, only way is then to climb up to the box, open it and rip the sounder out? sounds like I may have to attack the box

Any tips when box is opened. Never seen the inside of one of these before.

Thank you mate

Look for a battery , could be like a C cell with a red and black wire going to the pcb just remove one of the wires
CQR INTEGRA

Attachments

• IMG_5686.png
    IMG_5686.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 36

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back