No lights or function on Scantronic 9427 keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We're having a loft extension done and the builder accidentally severed the cable to the alarm system. Nice...

The external alarm initially went off but then stopped. The builder temporarily reconnected the cable, but there's no light to the keypad (and so no response to commands).

I switched off the relevant circuit breaker and disconnected the backup battery before waiting 30 seconds and switching the power back on. At this point there was a very quiet alarm sound (which I think it's still sounding after I put the battery back in place).

There is a steady green light on the top corner of the main unit, but still nothing on the keypad.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - but which fuse, where? The one between the main unit and the junction box seems fine (or the green light wouldn't be on on the main unit, surely)?

Thanks.

Ok ...what panel do you have as the 9427 is just the keypad part number ....you will have either a plastic endstaion with keys or not ...or a metal box ...inside is a pcb on which there are various fuses ...

Sponsored Links
7C5B8D35-2E95-42AE-8F26-0649E009530B.png B7D09F34-E518-48A8-911E-BC2F5843B235.jpeg. 1AMP FAST BLOW FUSE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back