Removing a Scantronic 9427 alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new place and there is an existing Scantronic 9427 keypad linked to a system which appears to have sensors at every window in the household.

The original code wasn't provided when we moved into the house and now everyone we seem to ask about it are shrugging their shoulders and saying they don't know the code. I believe the original owner who bought the system has since passed on.

Anyway, I think I managed to reset the code to 1234 using the info in this thread.
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/scantronic-9427-how-to-reset-code.533651/

What I would like to know is how do you disarm these things to allow you to strip out the system without setting off the alarm.

There are cables routed all over the place and I just want rid tbh.

Sponsored Links
How do you power down the system?

Shut down the mains power?

I assumed both the bell and control panel had battery back-up so it would go off if I tried to disconnect the ringer.

Just moved into a new place and there is an existing Scantronic 9427 keypad linked to a system which appears to have sensors at every window in the household.

The original code wasn't provided when we moved into the house and now everyone we seem to ask about it are shrugging their shoulders and saying they don't know the code. I believe the original owner who bought the system has since passed on.

Anyway, I think I managed to reset the code to 1234 using the info in this thread.
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/scantronic-9427-how-to-reset-code.533651/

What I would like to know is how do you disarm these things to allow you to strip out the system without setting off the alarm.

There are cables routed all over the place and I just want rid tbh.
Hi, did you manage to disable the alarm ? I am having the same problem. When I switch off the main power this alarm just goes off. I need to do some electrical work and have to switch the main power.

Appreciate if you could let me know.

Sponsored Links
Try replacing the faulty back up battery in the control panel…. That’s what it’s there for !

Hi, did you manage to disable the alarm ? I am having the same problem. When I switch off the main power this alarm just goes off. I need to do some electrical work and have to switch the main power.

Appreciate if you could let me know.

Hi, luckily for us the system was so old that the battery backup in the bell was on its last legs, we inadvertently set the alarm off when we were carrying out other work and shut the power off but the bell only rang for about 10 minutes before the battery died.

After that we just ripped it all out and took it off the wall.

A local alarm installer did offer to come out and disable it all for like £100 or so.

Sorry I can’t be any more help than that.

Edit: oh and there was a mains power cable to the control box which run in the underfloor space which I had a qualified electrician remove at one point.

Thanks. Found a way around to do the electric works. Tried switching off each fuses on trip switch and found the alarms fuse and let that be on and made the others off which worked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back