Scantronic 9448+ and 9427 keypad tamper light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Got a 30year old-ish Scantronic 9448+ and 9427 keypad alarm that's been faultless.
I've had to move the keypad into the hallway as it was boxed in in its original place in our kitchen as we had a new kitchen fitted.
Since the keypad move the tamper light us on the keypad and alarm won't set. It's had a new battery 18months ago so doubt it's that causing the tamper issue.
I've phoned the original alarm company ASI in Chesterfield and they've been really helpful in advice.
They thought its likely to be the spring for the keypad tamper switch and advised me to remove the spring black plunger and small dome washers, solder a small piece of wire on the 2 bridge wires that were under the plunger as that would bypass the tamper.
Well I've done that and it's still showing tamper on the keypad.
Any advice appreciated.
Regards
Tony.

Sponsored Links
Link out the aux tamper terminal with wire link, also put wire link in bell tamper OV to TR.
Disconnect battery.
If tamper fault still present it is control panel lid or keypad cover.

Link out the aux tamper terminal with wire link, also put wire link in bell tamper OV to TR.
Disconnect battery.
If tamper fault still present it is control panel lid or keypad cover.
That sounds complicated. Is it a DIY job as I've never messed with alarms before. I have the installation booklets etc.. and checked the outside alarm box awhen the issue started. The side fixing that holds the box tamper switch was locked down so don't thing the tamper switch there will move to engage!!

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20210716-185715.pngjust put wire link in terminals as this diagram. These links will prove wether it is the control panel or the keypad causing the tamper fault.
If fault still present with links in place the it is panel or keypad.If tamper light goes out the problem is with bell or system global tamper circuit.
It is not complicated just two links.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back