Scantronic 9448 and 9427 keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After many years of excellent service the keypad (Mk 1) became unreliable and so I changed it for the newer (Mk2) version, with larger buttons. The change went well until I took it out of engineering mode and since then the tamper light has been illuminated. I had tried to remove and replace the keyboard several times but still get the same result. Keys now "beep" and the alarm won't set, although I can return it to engineering mode. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I did with my first attempt after which all appeared to be OK. ( I blew the fuse), but on the second attempt, when I insulated all of the wires, No. Thanks for your reply

I did add some connectors on the 2nd attempt to avoid blowing fuses and to aid a quicker install. Keypad.JPG

Sponsored Links
Ok try holding in the spring on the main control panel ( not the keypad ) ....and press 97 enter ....does the tamper clear while you are holding in the spring ?

Thanks for your input. I'll try that tomorrow just in case the alrm activates ! Going to need long arms to reach the keypad and control box at the same time - LOL

? ......97 enter puts it in walk test gives off intermittent tone for open zones and constant tone when clear ...

Done as suggested. Tamper light stays ON. Intermittent tone all of the time. Unable to set alarm, just get two tone "beep"

Nope ....ok box up main panel ....take keypad off and hold in the tamper switch ....97 enter does tamper clear
? If not .....post some pictures of the inside of the control panel ( not keypad )
I assume you have checked ALL the fuses inc the bell one ?

All 3 in control box fuses OK. Tamper reset does not work, with either keypad. Pictures as requested. Thanks for your help. Alarm 1.JPG Alarm 2.JPG Alarm 3.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back