Scantronic 9448+ and 9427 Key Pad - No Mains Power ?

Hi

I checked the Data and Clk wiring inside the console - it does appear to be wired correctly to the RKP.

As to the RKP address link there is only the one RKP which I understand has address 0 - in fact the jumper LK1 is only fitted to one of the pins which I understand means address 0.

It is not looking good ?

Should the AC LED on the console panel be on when in the programming mode ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Manual says that power LED should be on when the panel is in engineer's mode. The keypad address is fine. If all else fails your last resort is to get a new RKP since I think the one currently installed has killed itself.

Hi NN

Is there any chance that the RKP was damaged when I reconnected with 4 wires to it - Data, Clk, 12V and 0V ?

Cheers

Really depends on how you installed it. I know the really old 9448 and the closest that I've got to a 9427 keypad is a 7400 RRT that I managed to get the power LED to fail like the one on your keypad.

Apologies in case this has already been covered but is the power LED lit when you are not in engineer's mode?

Sponsored Links
Hi it was a while ago when I switched the unit into the engineer mode, but I do remember being surprised at the time when the AC LED on the top right hand corner of the actual console (which houses the circuit card ) went off ?

I can not get the system out of the engineer mode as the key pad does not seem to be working ? The back lit LEDs are on and the buttons beep when you press them, but it does not seem to do anything ?

If the main panel power LED isn't working then there's a problem with probably the LED or something. I'm guessing the fuses are in good condition since I think that's already been said earlier. The beeps from the RKP are usual since the keypad will beep when 12VDC is applied to it.

Hi

I did a factory re-set and the system came back to life :) For now it all seems fine.

Many thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back