Scantronic 9448+ and 9427 Key Pad - No Mains Power ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening

I was wondering if anyone could help ?

I have a Scantronic 9448+ unit with a Scantronic 9427 Key Pad.

I placed the system in the Engineer Mode which allowed me to remove the PIRs and the Key Pad so that I could re-decorate. The system has been this way for a couple of weeks.

When I returned home this evening the light on the external sounder was strobing and my neighbour told me that the alarm had gone off during the day.

I re-connected the Key Pad and found that although the key pad illuminated, none of the LEDs on the LHS were illuminated ?? It was not functional ?

I also noted that the dedicated circuit breaker might have tripped ? I say might have as I may have switched it off in error as I say we are decorating are were switching off circuits at times.

I checked the 3A fuse in the 240V ac spur which feeds the control panel and it was okay.

Based on this info can any one advise what might be happening ?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Possible blown aux fuse on pcb ,which then caused battery to go flat causing external sounder yo ring ?

When you reconnected the keypad , did you get the clock and data wires correct ?

Hi SparkyMark A

I am sure that I got the wires to Data and Clk the right way round as I double checked before I applied the 12V supply.

If I did have them back to front would I have caused any damage ?

Sponsored Links
Hi Handymanjo

if the aux fuse has gone would you expect there to be 12V at the key pad as the back lit LEDs on the key pad came on ?

Cheers

First check all fuse's with a multimeter , also check 12v output with multimeter , if all seems ok totally down power system , mains and battery , now power up mains only , enter code to stop internal sounder , if this does not work enter default 1234 code , now close lid on panel enter code to reset ( don't put battery back in yet ) now try the keypad

Evening SparkyMarkA

Many thanks for the information.

Can I check the 3 fuses in situ for continuity or do I need to remove each in turn ? Should I also be checking them in situ with the mains power on ?

As to the 12V output can I check this at the key pad ( green 12V wire and white 0V wire ) or should I check it inside the console on the terminal strip ?

Thanks

IMG_1597.PNG
You need to remove the fuses in the main panel on the pcb they are all low voltage 12dc or 17ac transformer input ,check voltage at aux 12v/0v and bell 12v/0v

Many thanks - I will check the fuses and the 12V supply and get back to you.

One other quick question - the system should still be in the Engineer Mode - when I shut off the mains power and disconnect the battery will the external sounder go off considering that it is currently strobing or as the system has tripped and not reset I am hoping that it will not trigger the external sounder ?

If you turn off the mains electric and remove the battery then the external should sound if the sab is working.
Depends on how old the bell box is if it has a cut 20 minute cut off.could ring untill battery goes flat if no cut off,then you need your ladders to disconnect it.

Hi Sparky Mark A

Today I turned off the mains. There was no sound from the external bell suggesting that the battery had charged up or was okay ?

With the mains off I checked for 12V with my multimeter and confirmed that there is 12V between aux 12v/0v and bell 12v/0v.

I then removed fuse F2 ( 12V Aux Fuse ) whereupon the external sounder went off - as soon as I replaced the fuse the sounder stopped. I took from this that the fuse was okay.

I then removed fuse F1 ( Battery Fuse ) whereupon the external sounder again went off - as soon as I replaced the fuse the sounder stopped. I took from this that this fuse was also okay.

I then removed fuse F2 ( 21V ac ) - the external sounder did not go off. I checked the fuse with my multimeter - it was good so I replaced it.

I then disconnected the 12V battery inside the console whereupon the external sounder went off - I then switched the mains on and the external sounder stopped.

At no point did the internal sounder go off ??

As to the key pad the back lit LEDS are on and the unit beeps when you press a button, however none of the LEDs on the LHS were illuminated.

At no point did the Mains LED on the front of the console unit ( top RHS ) illuminate.

In fact I do remember that when I originally entered the programming mode this went off even when the mains power was on - is this normal ?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ok all above seems fine , check clock and data wire to rkp and also check that the rkp address link in the keypad has not fallen off..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back