Scantronic Burglar Alarm - How to Clear a Tamper

Peter as explained privately the steps you have taken are not a fix, just a sweep it under the carpet.

As a temporary fix until you get a replacement battery, it is fine, as a proper solution you need to change the battery.

The current battery is not able to sustain the panel properly in the event of a power cut from what you have said.

I suspect you will find out at the next power cut.

Fair enough. If I do find out at the next power cut then I'll change the battery. Till then, I'll leave it well alone.

But to clarify, the battery appeared to power the siren pretty loudly! o_O

Sponsored Links
I kind of expected this. But please reflect on the point that the steps I listed in my last post fully resolved my problem.

When I initially posted my problem, I had hoped that "one of these 'experts' of 35/40yrs experence" (your words, and I'll take you claim at its word) would have been able to suggest those steps at the outset, as the first thing to try.

Because those steps were a no-cost fix. Changing the battery was not. So personally I think it makes sense to try no cost fixes before fixes that cost. And that is the only point I was trying to communicate. I'm sorry if you found it provocative or challenging - not really what I meant (other than to register that I felt it was wrong for me to be put down for hoping for a no-cost fix as the first suggestion).

Errrr no... you just blundered into it doing a factory reset ....which was not needed ....BEFORE asking on here ....and I doubt if that 19 year old battery is any good ...

the bell shouldn't sound if the panel battery is any good and mains fails, unless you do a bell test or trigger an intruder alarm.

Errrr no... you just blundered into it doing a factory reset ....which was not needed ....BEFORE asking on here ....and I doubt if that 19 year old battery is any good ...

Errrr yes... and I did the steps I described (or "blundered into it doing a factory reset" in your words) which resolved my problem AFTER asking on here.

Sponsored Links
No you didn’t ....you did it ....BEFORE asking on here ....get your facts right

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back