Scantronic 9651 Low Battery False Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, having a problem here with this stupid alarm. At first it was beeping due to low battery, not it is giving false alarm signals.

This has happened in the past so we were not as terrified when it went off and frankly "expected" it.

When it occurred the first time 2 years ago we phoned CSS and they taught us through the phone how to stop the alarm from going off. It was something you do after you enter your code, but I can't remember it.

Anyone have any idea how to stop it from going off during the rest of the night? I will contact CSS tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The answer is in the first line of your post.

What is it about "beeping due to low battery" that you don't understand?

Scantronic equipment is far from being stupid, it is one of the best ranges of professional equipment on the market.

Do what it says >>

CHANGE THE BATTERY.

I wouldn't advise changing the battery on this panel as it will require an engineer reset after a battery missing fault and depending on how it's been programmed, when the panel lid is removed. Best bet would be as you say, contact the original installer and get them to replace the battery and check the control panel.

Sponsored Links
Scott has a good point but it depends on the age of the unit, too. Newer boxes are "less forgiving". You could always open the box, pull the battery, put in the code to shut it up and wait for the engineer. By doing this, it can't keep on giving you low battery messages. Beware of the live mains bits in the top left hand corner.

You've probably had the engineer by now...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back