Scantronic 9751 Reset Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have cut through an PIR 8 core wire. I silenced the alarm using the user code. The wiring was repaired (soldered) and insulated. I then tried to reset the system but just receive the message
Exp 01 Tamper - Reset Required. Now does this mean it requires an engineers code for reset or could there still be a tamper fault or both. I have acquired a user manual and a programming guide. I take it this an Expander message. Customer bought the house with the alarm installed by previous owner and did not receive any documentation except user code.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Graham

Sponsored Links
System could require engineer reset and you would require the engineer code to do this.
If you have not got the engineer then you would need to default the panel .
You could down power the alarm and then re power to reboot system
You have nothing to lost with the down power if system does not respond

A "first stage reset" will clear the all the codes back to the defaults. You can then use the engineer's code to reset the fault before re-entering the user's code(s) and the time & date.

Sponsored Links
Did the NVM reset only reset the pin codes, or did you have to re-program the zones etc. as well?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back