ADT Galaxy 12 v1.5 User Reset Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I've been reading through the forum however haven't found anything about the Galaxy 12 User Reset Required.

We have just moved into our house a few weeks back and the previous owner gave me the code for the alarm, and we haven't changed it and have been using the alarm ever since (3months now), but now for some reason it says Tamper in one of the zones and then says user reset required.

The steps I took:
enter code, press enter
press b (to switch to next zone)
and it says: "Tamper 1012, TAMPER FRONT DR'
press esc: then it displays "user reset required"

Problem is It wont let me set the alarm now, I press A and it says Tamper, SETTING ABORTED

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
A fault must still be present in the system. This can be anything from a damaged cable somewhere, water in the sensor, or a damaged sensor. If you have the user access rights - manager or master, then perform the following:

Enter your code and press 'ent'
Enter 21 and 'ent'
Press the 'A>' button repeatedly until 1012 is displayed
Press the hash button and find out what the resistance is in ohms in the bottom right hand corner of the display.

If the number is much lower that 1000, then the tamper is due to a short circuit in the zone wiring. If the number is greater than 2000, then this means an open circuit.

Report back and we'll try to help further.

I assume you realise the problem is with the FRONT DR (FRONT DOOR contact, or cable)

Done any work in the area?

A fault must still be present in the system. This can be anything from a damaged cable somewhere, water in the sensor, or a damaged sensor. If you have the user access rights - manager or master, then perform the following:

Enter your code and press 'ent'
Enter 21 and 'ent'
Press the 'A>' button repeatedly until 1012 is displayed
Press the hash button and find out what the resistance is in ohms in the bottom right hand corner of the display.

If the number is much lower that 1000, then the tamper is due to a short circuit in the zone wiring. If the number is greater than 2000, then this means an open circuit.

Report back and we'll try to help further.

I got to the third step pressing a repeatedly until 1012, however never displayed. Kept pressing it just cycles through, settings, display, test etc

I believe it must be the front door sensor maybe it's faulty, can anyone fix it? Anyone local?

Sponsored Links
You need to get to the display -> zones menu and then select the faulting zone.

It's unlikely that a reed switch (magnetic contact) would go faulty and cause a tamper. When they go faulty, they generally do not close or stay open.

You need to get to the display -> zones menu and then select the faulting zone.

It's unlikely that a reed switch (magnetic contact) would go faulty and cause a tamper. When they go faulty, they generally do not close or stay open.

Just done this, I got 1020 open and 13.68v o/c

Okay, the circuit is open somewhere. Could be a bad connection in the sensor or the cable damaged somewhere. Unfortunately, you will not get much change from £100 to get an engineer in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back