Honeywell user reset required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a galaxy 2 Honeywell alarm fitted. Part number galaxy 2-12c012 class 2 grade2 lx1-1221.

When I type in the default engineers code it states 5 event, I press A and toggle through each of the events , underneath 4 of the events it states 'press ent to continue' until it gets to ' tel line fail' on the top line and then 'reset required' beneath. When I press net it come up with 'user reset required' and won't let me set the alarm.

Any help on this, I do not want to override the fault but would like to fix the issue causing this.

Additionally, we have had an additional separate dial out unit installed to call and relay a voice recorded message. Just thinking now whether the actual unit could have done this? And whether the fault could be because the alarm box has been set up incorrect. Any advice would be appreciated...just bought a new house and calling another person to fix it is not an option...the alarm has been like this since fitted...:(.

I've found he manual online and nothing in there regarding user reset.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you aren't using the built in comm's module, and don't have a telephone line installed, then you need to disable the line fail monitor at engineering menu option 56.1.10

Once you have done this, you need to reset the fault. The comm's faults can be a bit of a pain on the Galaxy, as they hold in memory and don't let you out of engineering mode until they clear. Since you are not using the comm's to enable a flush out, you may need to perform a 51.17.1 system restart to flush out the fault. The only downside of doing this is that you need to reprogram the time and date. All other settings will remain intact.

Also, the MODEM / comm's unit on the Galaxy does not provide voice messaging. It can be programmed for SMS to a TAP gateway, but dial-up TAP is problematic and you need the latest firmware 1.51+ for it to work anyway. Best stick with your dialler, or buy an Ethernet module if you want detailed events from the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back