Scantronic 9800-BF fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

i have a Scantronic 9800 which has started going off intermittently (no sleep last night)

i hope some one can please help me.

now i have a bf code on panel which i believe is a battery faulf and i need to change the battery( have not change the battery since 2006)

can some one please give me a guide on :
-first of all -switch the alarm off completely so i dont get the internal bell going off till i can get a new battery.
-how to replace the battery
-what battery to buy
-what to look out for and not make silly mistakes during the actual battery change.
-do i need to mains off in the house to replace the batttery?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Sponsored Links
Don't worry about the internal sounder... If you must make it quiet, disconnect it.

Open the panel, remove the old 7AHr battery, fit the new one and put the lid on. Don't stick your fingers/tools in the mains connector! Tip: write today's date on the new battery for future reference.

Put your code in and press CLEAR to clear the tamper - 2 minute job or 5 minutes if you're slow!

There are plenty of posts about this on this forum - use the Search box.

many thanks for the quick reply.

i have just ordered the battery on amazon.

i have one question please... does is matter which cable i disconnect and reconnect first when removing old battery and replacing with new?
the terminals are marked red and black so am wondering if i should connect black first and then the red?

or it does not matter?

thank you

Sponsored Links
thank you sooo much (EightyTwo)

you have been of great help.

job done now and fingers crossed, the alarm hasnt gone off yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back