Scantronic 9800: Changed battery. Now wants remote reset.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a bF code on our alarm this morning - usually inputting our customer code clears this and the internal siren won't come on again. I had to keep putting the code in for about an hour before it finally shut up (it kept going off every 2 mins)

In the past we've called someone out from yellow pages - cost was around £80 last time (3 years ago). Previously it was about £50. So this time I've changed the battery for a yuasa NP7-12 and input our code again, but the panel is still showing rr and not going to --

Now I'm sure the 2 different guys from yell wouldn't have know what the engineer code was, so I tried 07890 but this didn't work. A few more presses later the outside alarm sounded, so I pressed 0 and that stopped the external from sounding

Current status of the panel is fault and service are both on with Lt flashing. Does this mean I haven't closed the lid properly, or is it just still showing the last condition that triggered an alarm i.e. from when I took the cover off to change the battery. (I did take the cover off a while back to look at the model of the battery, siren went off and when I put the cover back on, I put our code in and it cleared fine)

Is this going to need someone to fully reset and re-programme? I hate to fiddle too much in case the internal or external sirens go off again

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply - there's a switch in the top right as you say and I think it's that what activates the Lt not the screw. It may be I haven't screwed it in quite all the way - when I undid the screw to take the the lid off

The time I took the cover off to look at the model, I think I hadn't closed it properly and it just kept going off with an Lt code until I rectified it.

I just don't want to be in a situation where at worst the outside bell goes off to annoy the neighbours, or the indoor siren goes (which is probably the most annoying sound I've heard in my life TBH)

yes lt means lid tamper! i think the top right screw closes the tamper switch!

O/P you need to powerdown your system, count to ten, reconnect the mains, then the battery then close the lid and finally enter your code.

Sponsored Links
O/P you need to powerdown your system, count to ten, reconnect the mains, then the battery then close the lid and finally enter your code.
So if I turn off the mains and remove the batter, does this mean the system needs reprogramming? And does this reset the code back to default?

Cheers

Does this mean the system needs reprogramming? And does this reset the code back to default?

Cheers

not at all RR simply means Reset Required - having a duff battery caused a lockout and powering down will trick the system into rebooting (but don`t worry all your codes ect will still be there)

we do this a dozen times a week (and £80 sounds about right)

Wow - you're too quick for me as I rephrased my question to clarify what you meant by "power down the system". Is mains off OK?

Thanks for your help -
a) it's baffled us knowing that the last time I took the cover off, resetting it was painless
b) wifey doesn't remember the callout guy turning the power going off last time - although we haven't had the BF / alarm / BF / alarm cycle previously like we did today
c) page 13 of the manual mention pressing 6, noting down the 4 digit code (displayed in 2 parts) and rr standing for "remote reset" and getting a 4 digit code to reset the system.

Wow - you're too quick for me as I rephrased my question to clarify what you meant by "power down the system". Is mains off OK?

Thanks for your help -
a) it's baffled us knowing that the last time I took the cover off, resetting it was painless
b) wifey doesn't remember the callout guy turning the power going off last time - although we haven't had the BF / alarm / BF / alarm cycle previously like we did today
c) page 13 of the manual mention pressing 6, noting down the 4 digit code (displayed in 2 parts) and rr standing for "remote reset" and getting a 4 digit code to reset the system.

are you actually getting a 4 digit reset required code if you press button 6?

I've not gone as far as pressing 6 mate

I just know somewhere in the sequence of things I saw rr.
Outside bell rang at one point (pressing 0 cleared it)

Still got Lt at the moment - putting in the code just makes it beep I think and Lt won't go away. Since your message I'm not fiddling so as not to disturb the neighbours and at least get a proper nights sleep

I've not gone as far as pressing 6 mate

I just know somewhere in the sequence of things I saw rr.
Outside bell rang at one point (pressing 0 cleared it)

Still got Lt at the moment - putting in the code just makes it beep I think and Lt won't go away. Since your message I'm not fiddling so as not to disturb the neighbours and at least get a proper nights sleep

right, your jumping the gun - do it as I said, you`ll be fine

Ok - so to confirm the order
Open Lid
Disconnect the battery
Mains Off
Count to 10
Mains On
Reconnect Battery
Shut Lid
Cross Fingers

Ok - so to confirm the order
Open Lid
Disconnect the battery
Mains Off
Count to 10
Mains On
Reconnect Battery
Shut Lid
Cross Fingers
Try it this way >

Mains Off - It's dangerous you know
Open Lid
Disconnect the battery
Count to 10
Reconnect Battery
Shut Lid
Mains On
Enter User Code x Twice

Guys, sorry it's taken me so long to reply - I've not actually been feeling very well lately, but does the above routine actually reset the code (i.e. entering twice to confirm I assume the answer is yes)

Thank you :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back