Scantronic 9800. URGENT PRO HELP REQUIRED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I. need help on the above panel which I installed in my house about 15 Years ago. Once when disarmed , the internal sounders went off and error code R2 appeared during a storm. I suspected the antitamper switch behind the 2nd keyboards could have triggered due to a banging front door.. i reset the alarm, but the code did not go away. entered engineer code and removed the main panel cover to access engineering mode. squeezed in the keypad, closed the main panel and keyed in 99. the R2 code still continued and could not exit engineer mode. I disconnected the keypad 2 completely leaving the Keypad 1 connected. (keypad 9825). tried to exit engineer mode, but R2 still shows. The DIP switch on the remaining Keypad is set to 1.

There is now only one keypad connected yet R2 appears on the display and i cannot exit the engineer mode.

Currently have switched off the main powers supply, and disconnected the battery. If necessary, I can reprogram the whole system. but am not sure if R2 will disappear? Apparently the main panel still assumes that Keypad 2 is connected yet its not.

Please advise on what to do.

Will appriciate your help
Vipul

Sponsored Links
Try repowering it up without keypad 2 connected and see if r2 clears.

Did you find something for your problem ?

I have the same R2 problem.

Thank You !

Well, I found out that when the battery is kaput, the error code can read anything, r2,r1,r4 etc even if they are not connected.
Put a new battery, and do full system reset and reprogram
My system is up and running.

Sponsored Links
My keypad is playing up. When it is cold the numbered keys are difficult to operate. They have to be pressed "well in" before they contact. Does anybody know how to strip the unit down? Will it be worth trying to repair or should I look for a replacement? Can anybody suggest a replacement?
regards Trevor

My keypad is playing up. When it is cold the numbered keys are difficult to operate. They have to be pressed "well in" before they contact. Does anybody know how to strip the unit down? Will it be worth trying to repair or should I look for a replacement? Can anybody suggest a replacement?
regards Trevor
I have had a keypad go like that when cold. I cleaned the contacts with a bit of switch cleaner avoiding the rubber keys, it worked but only for a short time.

I have had a keypad go like that when cold. I cleaned the contacts with a bit of switch cleaner avoiding the rubber keys, it worked but only for a short time.

And this information helps "anyone" how precisely.

And this information helps "anyone" how precisely.
It helps by telling others that if they think about trying it, don't expect it to fix it permanently. Time for new keypad, code change or new panel.

Code change is the obvious, and the membrane can be "rescued" .
It is amateur night!!!

There is a "repair" spray. I`ll dig out the link.
But not today, got to go out again on the lash with some old m8ts :~D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back