Scantronic 9800

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone I have a scantronic 9800 plus and the other day I set alarm to exit house but changed my mind so entered code to disarm alarm that’s when it sort of went wrong and key pad seemed to freeze the keypad seems fine now I have replaced battery, and door contacts ,and did walk test which worked fine but can’t get out of engineers mode when I try to exit 99 it displays C- with a bleep so basically it seems stuck in E mode I did get alarm company out today cost 96.00 for him to say I don’t know much about these old alarms and circuit board in knackered please help thanks glen

Sponsored Links
Have you done a complete down power to reboot ?
Turn mains off disconnect battery.
Turn mains on then reconnect battery.close lid and try user code.

Hi thanks for reply I have done complete power down reboot came up with SR then double tick got RR then I went into engineer mode then 99 to come out and keypad says the same C- thanks

Sponsored Links
rr can also mean remote reset on 9800+ and will require the reset code.
Does the panel respond when in engineering mode?
Can you put in wall test 97 enter ?
What comes in display
Have you got the installation manual not the customer user manual

cost 96.00 for him to say I don’t know much about these old alarms

I wonder what he'd think of my Mum's Scantronic 9200. Installed in 1986 and still going strong! I only wish I could get a bell box with such a unique sound as she has - it sounds like a fire engine.

Hi thanks for reply When I press 97 It comes up with C- then C2 and so on as I do walk test and it responds to all the sensors and door opening contact and yes I have the installation manual thanks

I feel these alarm people that come out just want to sell upgraded alarms when it’s not always needed

When you down powered and got rr why did you go into engineering.
Did you try your customer code first when the lid on panel was closed

Hi I have down powered and reset with panel on outside bell went off so did internal sounder I put my code in keypad and now getting flashing SR thanks

Ok it came up with RR and now flashing - - ow gone back to SR thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back