Scantronic 9800

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Could be faulty panel ?
Can you put panel in engineering mode and post photo of alarm pcb showing the zone wiring if possible

When I left the house with keypad showing SR the alarm went off when I opened the front door so it’s now in E mode I have sourced a replacement board for 40.00 so might go for that they said it’s tested and just need to put NVM chip in the board once I replace the board will it be easy to programme or would it be ok to ask for advice once fitted thanks

Attachments

• F832DC5B-2BD1-40C0-9C57-B3D299DE6052.jpeg
    F832DC5B-2BD1-40C0-9C57-B3D299DE6052.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 8A0C5C5E-6998-4FA3-B090-00150D0E3E8A.png
    8A0C5C5E-6998-4FA3-B090-00150D0E3E8A.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 201
Have you got a door contact on zone 1.
C- could be a short on a cable but not 100%.
Your could link out zone 1 by putting a wire link in place of the two cables for the alarm pair and also link out the tamper pair as well and then try to set the system.
With regards to the replacement panel you can get a new control panel and keypad for less than £100.
If you need to put NVM in then do not use replacement as still could have fault

Hi yes I have a door contact in zone 1 I have just replaced this as I think they gave up and stopped working they have a red wire black wire and the blue and yellow are twisted together and connected as well to door contact so could I disconnect door sensor and connect wires or link out what ones but confused thanks

In the control panel remove red and black pair and replace with wire link
Remove blue and yellow pair and replace with wire link
Now see if alarm will reset and fault light disappears.
You will need to replace control panel lid to test

Do you know what pair they are as got a few red/black and blue/yellow wires what would they be marked as on board thanks

Starting at the top left hand side CCT1 will be zone 1 pair and A/T 1 will be tamper pair
Remove these two pairs and link out.
If this does not work then control panel could possible be faulty.
You can replace the existing control panel and 're use your old devices.
Wired systems are generally better than wireless,will depend on your budget.

Ok I have found the pair but AT1 shares another wire in the terminal another yellow so in the top one I have cct1 this has the yellow and blue then AT1 has the red and black but also a yellow wire and the one underneath that has a blue

Remove top yellow and blue and put wire link in
Remove red and black,leave yellow in and put wire link between yellow and terminal where black was

Hi I have done this when I powered back up there was no sounder as was in E mode I have pressed 99 to come out of e mode but it won’t and same fault is still there on control panel me thinks that engineer was maybe right

Do you possibly know where I could get a new control panel from complete with NVM chip thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back