Scantronic 9853 partition 'B'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have just decided to partition my alarm so we can set it whilst upstairs. My house was broken into recently while my family were upstairs. (they stole my car only thank god!)

I have partitioned the system and installed the pirs on either Ab. I have two keypads and the one upstairs now does a silent set. I wanted the full alarm on partition A when we go out - but partition B on the keypad alarm only when set upstairs. It seems that partition B does not set off any alarm either on the keypad or external Sounders at all?

Partition A works fine. Any comments would be appreciated. I have all the manuals but for the life of me work out what I am doing wrong. I shows on the panel the the zone is set?

Many thanks for any help :)

Sponsored Links
1st of all, do you have the engineer code?

From what you are saying, the alarm activates when tripped when level A is set, but not B?

If so, then either the zones required in the part set are omitted, or there is a part set bell delay set, which won't sound the bells when activated until after a pre-set timer has elapsed.

Either way you need to the engineer code to change

Josh

63: Level/Partition B Alarm Response
This command sets the alarm response for Level or Partition B.
In a single system, the options are:
Option
0 Keypad sounders only.
1 Internal sounders and keypad sounders (default).
2 Local alarm (internal and external sounder only).
3 Full alarm (communication and internal/external sounders).
In a partitioned system, the options are:
Option
0 Keypad sounders only.
1 Local alarm (internal and external sounder only).
2 Full alarm (communication and internal/external sounders) (default).

You have pressed a wrong button. Go into engineers and do one of the above.

Thank you Josh for your swift reply,

I do have the engineers code as I did a hard reset. Maybe I missed out one of the setup functions?

Would you be able to point me to the obvious changes i should have done to enable the keypad sounder on partition B?

It seems that when a pir in B is activated... Nothing happens at all?

Kind regards :)

Sponsored Links
Wow, u guys are fast responders ....thank you workers I will double check that setting :) much appreciated.

Hi workers, i Just tried that and nothing happened??? Tried full and local.

I appreciate your help and Any other suggestions would be appreciated,

I did set up the upstairs keypad for zone B. just tried setting on the downstairs keypad but no different :(

As before bell delays?
Are you sure its programmed correctly?
Does it say B set for instance?

Why try to set downstairs when you are?

Hi workers,

Im sure you have alot better things to do than help out a complete stranger with a problem...but thankyiu and just for your info:

Checked the bell delay: set to =0 no delay

Yes it gives me the choice of AB when setting. I press A to unselect and then it shows just B.

It silent sets immediately, it's just that no keypad or external sounds go off. I do appreciate your valuable advice.

The keypad down by the front door works as normal thru the FE zone.

Maybe I need to call someone.....although I honestly cannot see the mistake I must have made.

Yes..whatever keypad I set B on...it just beeps on the other keypad. But the keypad I set on stays silent. :)

Your programming is all over the shop.
Try just omitting the zones from the upstairs keypad as if it is a night set and see what happens.

You dont need to partition either, that is your other error. Just make it part sets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back