Scantronic spare part - transformer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

my alarm started blaring at1am last night, and after a lot of fiddling and removing of power, the bell eventually drained itself flat.

i have identified the problem with the AC and battery.

Does, any one on here have any information about where i could buy a transformer for the 9448 panel?

Mine has fried, but the system is fine. I have replaced the battery which was the cause ithink, and hot wired 21 VAC to the panel, and all is good, but I want to replace the burnt transformer if i can find one.

Any idea's or even a part number? The one i have has 365058 on it, but not sure thats a scantronic part number.

Any help appreciated.

Happy new year.Steve
:cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
First is it a 9448 or plus ? Does it have a fuse holder for mains ? Or connector block only ? If it's a plus 99%!of the time the ac fuse on the pcb goes, if it's an old one which did have an ac fuse in the mains connector it is this , how have you got power to the panel at the moment without a transformer ? To be honest it's cheaper to buy a new 9448+ £26.75 from shop tab .... :)

Sparkymarka,

Its a 9448, three fuses n the pcb. Mains in on a choc block. Has metal case, no kybd, just external 9427 kybd.

All fuses are ok. The xfmr melted, and took out the 1amp fuse in the spur, (as expected) but no damage to thepcb at all!!!

I have it powered from a dell laptop psu i modified to give close to 21volts on the input.
I'm looking on ebay but only see full systems. i,m assuming the transformers in the 9448 and theplus are the same so may end up buying one to strip.

eightyTwo

Would be great ifu do. i tried all over the www to find any thing, but so far no luck. Someone must sell them for maint, but i understand its quite old now.
Been trouble free for 15 years so i want to fix it up if i can.

Thanks for responding guys.

Happy new Year.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back