Science Homework

So let's run these Government led 'workhouse' questions by you?

If two cinema tickets cost £4 each, and you pay with £10 note, how much change do you get? (and it was multichoice!)

What's 7+3 ?

What's 10-3 ? (Honest!)

Sally lives beside the seeside (circle the incorrect spelling)

Live by the sword die bye the sword (again)

There were then several variations on the spelling of 'by', counteracted by the previous question, giving the answer, but some of the questions were Freud, which is more expensive, a fish, a house, a cloud, a TV...now then..I'm getting warmed up! (not the actual answers apart from 2 of the real ones, as I was considering murdering myself via the water cooler at the time(!) That just to adjust anyones senses DIDN'T have a big jug of water stacked on top of it(!)

This is what the Government 'quangos', are spending tax on.

MM I was in teaching for 40+ years and never ever came across questions like those you pose. However, over the years I have come across many examples of people like yourself, highlighting this type of simplistic question. I cant say anything more than that, other than, "Have you been drinking"?

Sponsored Links
So let's run these Government led 'workhouse' questions by you?

If two cinema tickets cost £4 each, and you pay with £10 note, how much change do you get? (and it was multichoice!)

What's 7+3 ?

What's 10-3 ? (Honest!)

Sally lives beside the seeside (circle the incorrect spelling)

Live by the sword die bye the sword (again)

There were then several variations on the spelling of 'by', counteracted by the previous question, giving the answer, but some of the questions were Freud, which is more expensive, a fish, a house, a cloud, a TV...now then..I'm getting warmed up! (not the actual answers apart from 2 of the real ones, as I was considering murdering myself via the water cooler at the time(!) That just to adjust anyones senses DIDN'T have a big jug of water stacked on top of it(!)

This is what the Government 'quangos', are spending tax on.

MM I was in teaching for 40+ years and never ever came across questions like those you pose. However, over the years I have come across many examples of people like yourself, highlighting this type of simplistic question. I cant say anything more than that, other than, "Have you been drinking"?

For my life, these ARE the REAL questions posed in exams to me today. On my life. I used to work at schools, and a college, and I find these questions an insult to my intelligence. So if someone is unemployed..they are a foowit? Can you explain the comment 'You have come across many people like me' ? I stated the questions as posted, so you seem to judge me. You have many examples of me, but I never spoke to you, explain? The questions posed in the exam were suitable for a 8 year old maybe..? then Bolo gets on their high horse, I said what I saw and did; were you there? No. You never came across a person like me. I'd like to hear of your experience, or lack of it, as you are 40+ years into it, but no input, then call me a drunk? I think you have too much time on your hands.

[quote="Mickymoody";p="1625276]
For my life, these ARE the REAL questions posed in exams to me today. t? Can you explain the comment 'You have come across many people like me' ? Yes. Over the years I have seen all sorts of simplistic questions being highlighted by others. I have never ever come across them myself.This does not mean that I disbelieve you for I had no reason to.

The questions posed in the exam were suitable for a 8 year old maybe.......or even a 6 year old
Bolo gets on their high horse... Not for one second.

then call me a drunk...............No I asked if you had been drinking.[/quote]
I have obviously offended you and I regret that. Reading your post at the time, I did think that because of your experience on the day, you had had a drink. I dont see anything wrong with that. OK it was just a rant and there's nothing wrong with that either. :)

sooey said:
Seriously though, get spacecat on the job. He's the man.

Too late, I was too busy searching the web for the original picture of Aimi Macdonald. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Inky Pete has pretty well wrapped it up - but thanks for the vote of confidence. :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
sooey said:
Seriously though, get spacecat on the job. He's the man.

Too late, I was too busy searching the web for the original picture of Aimi Macdonald. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Inky Pete has pretty well wrapped it up - but thanks for the vote of confidence. :D :D :D

IP did the business but thanks for the reply anyway. Meanwhile, could you please get your priorities right and make sure that you are available for the next homework exercise. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Too late, I was too busy searching the web for the original picture of Aimi Macdonald. :D

been there done that, there isnt many. The best ones are on her agents site, but there all contemporary. Only other places are old TV program sites. That one i posted was when she was in At Last The 1948 Show.

Lincsbodger said:
Only other places are old TV program sites. That one i posted was when she was in At Last The 1948 Show.

I came to the same conclusion. I held out some hope for "At Last the 1948 Show" until I discovered that it didn't go on the air until 1967. Unless my memory is seriously out, the one I'm looking for - lying on her back in a leopard skin bikini - dates from mid 1966 at the latest.

I've tried old TV guide archives but I can't find any trace of the right one. I'm sure it was called The Viewer and it pre-dated the TV Times. It probably only covered Tyne Tees Television so that doesn't help either. Why oh why didn't I just keep the page? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bolo, I needed a beer after the day I had! Sorry to assume too much. Friends?

I expected a challenge, pumped up, and worried all day, then faced with questions like that(!)...All the adrenalin must have been pumped up, then suddenly dispersed when I blogged to here, sorry.

JohnD, The exams don't seem to have any recognised organisation behind them, as some of the questions seemed subjective, "Which of these are the most expensive?" (sic) banana cloud house tree. I can see a cloud being expensive to manufacture, or a certain tree, or even a banana, if a rare type, hardly Mensa 101 tests.

I 'think' they are a precursor to see if people need further training in order to gain GCSE C grades?

so who was running these tests? was it the jobcentre or someone, trying to classify people by ability and need?

so who was running these tests? was it the jobcentre or someone, trying to classify people by ability and need?

The jobcentre send people to contracted out places, and attendance is mandatory, ranging from, where you are sent, an hour a fortnight, jobsearch, to 40 hours a week compulsory work for charity (ie community service). If you miss a single session, regardless of the reason why, your benefit is stopped for at least 6 weeks.

Sponsored Links
Back