Scolmore click flow connectors and daisy chaining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm installing some Scolmore LED downlights and was originally going to connect them up to the circuit via a junction box and daisy chain them together.

I now have the lights and didn't realise they came with the Click Connector. These have connections for Neutral, Earth, Live and Loop. However it can only accommodate three wires (I presume 2 for the circuit and 1 for the switch). How should I go about connecting up additional lights if there is not enough physical space for the wire?

Thanks

The lights: http://www.click4electrics.co.uk/cl...d-7w-cool-white-with-chrome-bezel-p-2060.html

click flow connector: http://www.scolmore.com/documents/flow_leaflet.pdf

Sponsored Links
However it can only accommodate three wires (I presume 2 for the circuit and 1 for the switch). How should I go about connecting up additional lights if there is not enough physical space for the wire?
Why do you need more than 3 cables?

Sorry - I must be missing something..
I'm installing some Scolmore LED downlights and was originally going to connect them up to the circuit via a junction box and daisy chain them together.
I can't for the life of me see why that needs more than 2 cables per connector. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sorry - I must be missing something..
I can't for the life of me see why that needs more than 2 cables per connector. :confused:

I've never used these click flow connectors before so might be missing something, but I believe these could be used instead of the junction box.

You could possibly use the first one instead of the JB, if you could get 4 cables in it.

Or just stick with your original plan.

I was thinking trying to squeeze in all four, but because it has cut outs for three I assumed I was missing somethnig.

Yeah - they're only 10x the price of one of these:

AAJB5.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back