Scooter Running Problem

The safety cut out malarkey sounds like a good start....for all I know the bike may have a switch in the seat or something, so it won't come to life unless you are sitting on it.
I just can't grasp the old plug good spark, new plug no spark syndrome!
John :)

Sponsored Links
The safety cut out malarkey sounds like a good start....for all I know the bike may have a switch in the seat or something, so it won't come to life unless you are sitting on it.
I just can't grasp the old plug good spark, new plug no spark syndrome!
John :)

I think I'd feel inclined to try the new plug on something that was known to have a spark if possible. A mate's bike or something.

Hi, since you have had the barrel and head off its best to go back to basics.

so no 1 check compression you can do this by blocking spark plug hole with your thumb and have some one kick to the engine over on the kick start , you should be able to feel a good amount of pressure ( be sure not to get a belt off the HT lead ) .

no2 check for spark at the plug and check plug gap .

no3 are all gaskets in place IE air inlet pipe and reed valve block , vac pipes etc .

no4 is the fuel level in the carb ok IE check the float level ( remove carb remove float bowl turn carb upside down the floats should be horizontal to the carb float bowl mating surface .( the bowl should be half full of fuel when the carb is on the scooter )

no5 you said the carb looks clean , a minute speck of dirt in a jet can cause your symptoms so blow out with compressed air or usa a tin of carb cleaner with the straw attached to blow out all the jets.

Just to recap if it ticks over ok but dies when you open the throttle it sounds like a fuel prob , if it miss fires it could be spark related Good Luck....... ps as already stated with regards to the spark make sure its not due to an inhibitor switch IE side stand down brake lever not operated ...

Sponsored Links
Back