scortched top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, my perfect wife has gone and scortched the kitchen worktop with a candle, about 6 marks size of a 5p.. is there anything on the market i can get to improve the looks /clear it :?: . want to avoid insurance as had a claim not long ago :!: :!: thanks for your help.. P M

Sponsored Links
If it's Melamine - then no, it's stuffed.

If it's wood then use a belt sander.

joe

joe-90 said:
If it's Melamine - then no, it's stuffed.

If it's wood then use a belt sander.

joe

thanks Joe, im stuffed then :( ive got a old drawer with the same pattern do you think i could carefully peel off with a stanley knife and cut round the damaged piece and re stick it on, or will it look a bodge job P M

You've got nothing to lose but I don't like your chances of it looking good. If it's a busy granite type pattern you may just get away with it.

joe

Sponsored Links
Fiting a new laminated chipboard worktop is surprisingly cheap and easy, if it's got square-cut ends and joins the shed can cut it to size for you, you can use the old one as template for the sink and any out-of-square walls or pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back